Hillside kitchen fire causes flooding; no students hurt: An unattended pot on a stove in Hillside A10 results in the flooding of the surrounding apartments.

At approximately 6:40, a small kitchen fire started in Hillside A10, when a resident left his pot on the stove unattended. After the fire alarm went off, Skidmore Campus Safety, Skidmore EMS, and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department responded to the incident.

A10 has suffered heavy flooding as a result of the sprinkler system and there is substantial flooding to the apartment below it as well as minimal flooding to neighboring apartments. By 7 p.m. students in Hillside were allowed to return to their apartments.

Skidmore EMS confirmed that no students were hurt in the fire.

Moorebid Ball Sold Out: Alex Hodor-Lee

Bruce and Hailey: "Monday Morning": A weekly comic series