Incidents of Note:
- Saturday, Sept. 21-Criminal Mischief: Unknown persons reported at 1 p.m. walking on the roof of a vehicle in Tower Lot causing damage. Saratoga Springs Police Department involved and report issued.
- Sunday, Sept. 22-College Violation: A large gathering of people reported at 12:15 a.m. outside of Penfield Hall with subjects urinating on the wall. Officers cleared the area and could not find anyone urinating.
- Thursday, Sept. 26-Property Damage Auto Accident: Grounds reported at 7:40 a.m. a possible hit and run in the parking lot of the New Apartments near building G. Broke tail light on the vehicle. Officer dispatched.
Friday, Sept. 20:
- College Violation: A noise complaint reported at 12:30 a.m. outside of McClellan Hall. Officers dispatched and reported a small gathering of students talking loudly. Subjects complied with the request to lower the volume.
- College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 12:45 a.m. coming from a parked vehicle in West Lot. Officers dispatched reported the vehicle exited the lot as they arrived.
- Emergency Tests: Conducted semi-annual test of the emergency management system at 2 p.m. All systems operational.
- Campus Safety Assist: A records check requested at 2:40 p.m. for employment on a former student. Request was made via letter with a signed waiver attached. Check conducted and results forwarded.
- Campus Safety Assist: An escort requested at 4:08 p.m. at the Jonsson Tower Lot. Dispatched officer provided the transport. Report issued.
- Emergency Phone: Emergency telephone call received at 6:56 p.m. from the elevator west phone in Case Center. No voices could be heard and no response received. Dispatched officer reported that no one was in the area/no problem existed.
- Drug Law Violation: A suspicious odor reported at 8:23 p.m. in McClellan Hall. Dispatched officers issued report for drug and alcohol violations.
- Medical Assistance: An Emergency Medical Service response requested at 9:15 p.m. in Howe Hall. Dispatched officers and notified the Skidmore College Emergency Medical Service. Report issued.
- Liquor Law Violation: Officers observed an alcohol violation at 10:20 p.m. in plain view in Kimball Hall. Report issued.
- Suspicious Odor: A suspicious odor reported at 11:06 p.m. in Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officers checked the rooms above and below. No odor detected at the time.
- Graffiti: Graffiti reported at 11:49 p.m on the second floor stairwell of McClellan Hall as well as in the third floor hallway. Dispatched officers recorded the damage.
- College Violation: A noise complaint reported at 11:55 p.m. on the eighth floor of Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officer reported no problems noted.
Saturday, Sept. 21:
- Campus Safety Assist: Two people reported arguing at 12:21 a.m. in the area of the New Apartments F. Officer reported making a check on the two subjects and reported no further problems at the time.
- College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 1:02 a.m. on the eighth floor of Jonsson Tower. Officer reported the residents of the room complied with the request to lower the volume.
- Intoxicated Subject: A highly intoxicated subject reported at 1:07 a.m. in Jonsson Tower. Medical and officers provided assistance. Report issued.
- Medical: Medical assistance requested at 2:37 p.m. in Penfield Hall from the Skidmore College Emergency Medical Service. Officer and the SCEMS dispatched. Student was treated and remained on campus. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Verbal altercation report received at 2:30 p.m. involving employees in the Jonsson Tower Lot. Supervisors and Human Resources advised.
- Medical: Contact requested at 4:45 p.m. with the Skidmore College Emergency Medical Service at Penfield Hall. Officer advised the SCEMS and subject was evaluated. Report issued.
- Medical Assistance: Advised of a minor injury at 6:10 p.m. from tree climbing outside of the Tang Teaching Museum. Officer and the Skidmore College Emergency Medical System responded. Subject evaluated and transported to the Emergency Room by friends. Report issued.
- College Violation: A noise complaint reported at 10:18 p.m. at Cane Crossing. Officers dispatched reported that the residents complied with the requests to lower the volume.
- Liquor Law Violation: A suspicious odor reported at 10:43 p.m. in Wait Hall. Dispatched officer located liquor and drug violation in plain view. Report issued.
- Medical: A highly intoxicated male reported at 11:14 p.m. in Penfield Hall to be checked by the Skidmore College Emergency Medical Service. Officers and the SCEMS dispatched. Student transported by the Emergency Medical Service to the Emergency Room. Report issued.
Sunday, Sept. 22:
- Medical: A welfare check requested at 12:09 a.m. on a student who was vomiting in Jonsson Tower. Officers evaluated the subject and found that person was ill and not intoxicated. Subject declined medical attention. Report issued.
- College Violation: A group of people reported at 12:36 a.m. being excessively loud at Dayton Drive. Subjects lowered the volume upon request.
- Medical: Report received at 1:20 a.m. that a friend was very intoxicated and semiconscious in the New Apartments. The Skidmore College Emergency Medical Service and officers responded. Subject taken to the Emergency Room via ambulance. Report issued.
- Intoxicated Subject: A non-resident student reported at 2:13 a.m. vomiting all over a bathroom suite in Wait Hall. Dispatched officers. Subject alert and responsive. Report issued.
- Medical: A student reported at 3:42 a.m. vomiting on the third floor of McClellan Hall. Officers evaluated and the subject was alert and responsive. He declined medical attention. Report issued.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm received at 6:09 p.m. for Dayton Drive apartments. All available officers, maintenance and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department dispatched. Burned food determined to be the cause. Report issued.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 6:43 p.m. from the New Apartments. Resident called immediately and reported a cooking error. Report issued.
- College Violation: Loud music reported at 11:03 p.m. from a Wait Hall basement room. Officer reported that the resident lowered the volume upon request.
- Medical: Report received at 11:08 p.m. that a friend had injured her toe in Howe Hall and requested assistance. The Skidmore College Emergency Medical Service and officer dispatched. Student was transported to the Saratoga Emergency Room. Report issued.
- Moving Violation: Officer observed an SUV at 11:37 p.m. driving recklessly on Perimeter Road. Tickets and report issued.
Monday, Sept. 23:
- Fire Drills: Fire alarm activation received at 10:08 a.m. for the Greenberg Child Care Lodge. New York state-mandated drill conducted. Good drill. Report issued.
- Accident: Employee, at 2:55 p.m., backed into a Campus Safety vehicle. Associate Director Lawrence Britt advised. Vehicle checked and no damage noted. Report issued.
- College Violation: A vacated room reported messy at 7:26 p.m. in Penfield Hall. Dispatched officer recorded the incident. Report issued.
- Suspicious Odor: A suspicious odor reported at 9:16 p.m. on the eleventh floor of Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officers reported that the odor had dissipated upon arrival. Source could not be located.
Tuesday, Sept. 24:
- Fire Orientation: Fire extinguisher training conducted at 4 p.m. for 41 students and two faculty members in the Jonsson Tower Lot using the Bullex fire extinguisher training system. Attendees were taking/teaching chemistry courses.
- Campus Safety Assist: Transportation requested at 12:31 p.m. for a student from Campus to the Wilton Medical Center. Officer dispatched. Transport completed.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm received at 5:11 p.m. for the Hillside Apartments. Dispatched all units and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department. Activation due to a cooking error.
- Criminal Mischief: Criminal Mischief reported at 7:45 p.m. on the first floor of Wilmarth Hall. Damage recorded and report issued.
- Medical: student called at 8:29 p.m. from the front lobby of the Arthur Zankel Music building to report having a possible allergic reaction. Dispatched officers and the Skidmore College Emergency Medical Service. Subject evaluated and refused further medical attention. Report issued.
Wednesday, Sept. 25:
- Suspicious Odor: A suspicious odor reported at 4:49 p.m. on the tenth floor of Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officer.
Thursday, Sept. 26:
- Campus Safety Assistance: An escort requested at 12:33 a.m. from the Janet Kinghorn Bernhard Theater to the reporting person's vehicle in the Arthur Zankel Music building parking lot. Dispatched officer. Escort provided.
- College Violation: A check requested at 12:40 a.m. of the second floor of Kimball Hall for noisy subjects. Officer spoke with the subjects who agreed to keep it quiet.
- Medical Assistance: A report received at 7:40 a.m. of finding a student passed out in the bathroom in McClellan Hall. The reporting person stated that the student was conscious and alert. Officers and the Skidmore College Emergency Medical Service dispatched.
- Criminal Mischief: Damage reported at 8:48 a.m. to a car in the Falstaff's parking lot. Dispatched officer was able to locate the owner. Owner stated that it was prior damage that had happened off campus.
- Medical Assistance: Assistance requested at 12:24 p.m. as the subject was unable to get out of bed in Wilmarth Hall. Officer dispatched, arrived, and requested the Emergency Medical Service to respond. EMS notified.
- Fire Alarm: A fire alarm received at 2:46 p.m. for 8 Cane Crossing. Dispatched all officers, maintenance and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department. Officers reported a resident was burning a candle which set off the building alarm. The Saratoga Springs Fire Department advised.
- Parking Vehicle Issues: Report received at 8:26 p.m. that a vehicle was parked in a reserved parking space in North Woods. Dispatched officer.
- Liquor Law Violation: A liquor law violation reported at 10:08 p.m. on the second floor of Wiecking Hall.
- College Violation: A noise complaint reported at 10:54 p.m. on the third floor of Kimball Hall. Dispatched officer. Officer reported finding infractions.
- Suspicious Odor: A suspicious odor reported at 11:10 p.m. at the front door of Penfield Hall. Dispatched officer. Officer reported no problems upon arrival.
- College Violation: Loud music reported at 11:30 p.m. at the front door of Penfield Hall. Dispatched officer who spoke with the four subjects playing the guitar who said they would disperse the area.
- Larceny: Report received at 11:46 p.m. that the vending machine in the Jonsson Tower basement was open. Dispatched officers. Vending machine employee came into the Campus Safety office at 7:25 a.m. to claim property and found property receipt completed.
- College violation: Loud music reported at 11:47 p.m. on the eighth floor of Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officer who reported conducting a check of the floor at 11:56 p.m. to no avail. All quiet at the time.