Posted by Julia Leef
Incidents of Note:
- Tuesday, Oct. 23-Campus Safety Assist: Person reported at 9 a.m. a tent set up in the North Woods area with a fire pit around it. Officer dispatched to locate the unauthorized site and reported locating the tent and the fire pit. Officer took photos and a report was issued. Items to be removed by the Grounds Department.
- Tuesday, Oct. 23-Person reported a suspicious acting male at 3:38 p.m. walking around the North Woods parking lot. Officers dispatched identified the subject as a Facilities Supervisor who was checking out areas for new lighting. Reporting person was advised of the same.
- Wednesday, Oct. 24- College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 12:52 a.m. in the lobby of Penfield Hall. Officers responding reported the noise was from a group of students playing "Zombies" with nerf guns. Officer requested that the activity be ceased. Subjects complied.
- Wednesday, Oct. 24- Fire Alarm: Person reports a fire at 10:34 p.m. on the third floor of McClellan Hall. Campus Safety, the Saratoga Springs Fire Department and Maintenance dispatched. Officers on scene reported the fire was out at the time. The Saratoga Springs Fire Department and the Saratoga Springs Police Department were on scene.
Friday, Oct. 19:
- Campus Safety Assist: Officer received information at 11 p.m. regarding an alleged theft of property. Investigation initiated. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Reporting person requested officer assistance at 5:31 p.m. with locating a parent vehicle at Case Center lot. Officer successfully assisted.
- Fire Alarm: Officers responded at 6:24 p.m. to the Sasselin Art Building fire alarm activation. Saratoga Springs Fire Department, maintenance, and all units responded. Cause of alarm unknown at this time. Report issued.
- College Violation: Officer responded at 10:35 p.m. to receive confiscated alcohol from Wait Hall. Officer returned alcohol and placed it in evidence at Campus Safety. Report issued.
- College Violation: Person reported noise and a large gathering of people at 11:57 p.m. at Dayton Drive. Officers dispatched dispersed the large group. No further problems.
Saturday, Oct. 20:
- Suspicious Odor: Person reported suspicious odor at 12:07 a.m. in Jonsson Tower. Officer dispatched reported a faint odor was detected, but no source determined.
- Intoxicated Subject: Person advised of a nineteen year-old, highly intoxicated female at 12:28 a.m. in Case Center. Emergency Medical Transport officer assessed the subject and requested transport to the Emergency Room. Subject was transported and report issued.
- College Violation: Person advised of noise complaint at 12:41 a.m. at the Pine Apartments. Officers dispatched dispersed the large group and band. Report issued.
- Intoxicated Subject: Officers reported a sick/intoxicated subject at 1:26 a.m. at Penfield Hall. Emergency Medical System dispatched and transported the subject to the Emergency Room. Report issued.
- College Violation: Person reported excessive noise at 1:41 a.m. at Dayton Drive. Officer dispatched reported the noise had ceased. No further problems.
- Accident: Person reported a Property Damage Auto Accident at 1:46 a.m. on Perimeter Road. Officers and the Saratoga Springs Police Department on the scene reported no personal injuries. Vehicle towed and reports issued.
- College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 4:22 a.m. at McClellan Hall. Officer on the scene reported that the noise had ceased. No further reports.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person requested a personal escort at 7:25 a.m. to Jonsson Tower as she was concerned for her safety in the fog. Officer assigned completed the transport.
- Campus Safety Assist: A two car vehicle accident was reported at 9:22 p.m. at the corner of East Avenue and North Broadway. Dispatched officer ascertained whether there was student or parent involvement. No Skidmore parties were involved.
- Criminal Mischief: Person reported damage at 11:23 p.m. to the walls in the Kimball Hall north stairwell. Damage recorded and report issued.
Sunday, Oct. 21:
- Campus Safety Assist: Person requested at 1:30 a.m. from Whitman Way to be placed in contact with a counselor. Officer contacted the counselor who will return the reporting person's call.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person advised at 6:36 a.m. that an unknown individual had taken photos of her without her permission at Moore Way. Officers dispatched issued a report and an investigation is ongoing at this time.
- Criminal Mischief: Person reported the discharge of a fire extinguisher at 10:35 a.m. in the kitchen area of Wiecking Hall. Dispatched officer recorded the damage and issued a report.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 12:52 p.m. for the Sasselin Art Building. Officers, maintenance, and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department dispatched. Continuous problem with the fire system was determined to be the cause.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person requested transport at 7:16 p.m. from the Art Center to the Saratoga Hospital Emergency Room. Officer dispatched completed the transport. Report issued.
- College Violation: Person reported a loud party at 8:35 p.m. in a second floor Wait Hall room. Officer dispatched reported five people attending a birthday party in the room. No alcohol was present. Officer requested that they keep the volume of the event lower and they complied.
Monday, Oct. 22:
- College Violation: Person reported excessive noise at 12:10 a.m. at Whitman Way. Officers dispatched were unable to locate any noise violations at that time.
- Medical: Person requested medical assistance by an officer at 8:33 a.m. at the Murray-Aikins Dining Hall. Responding officers requested Emergency Medical System assistance. Subject was transported to the Emergency Room. Report issued.
- Medical: Person reported receiving a concerning text message from her friend at 1:25 p.m. Officer dispatched provided assistance. Report issued.
- Drug Law Violation: Person reported a strong marijuana odor at 2:38 p.m. on the second floor of Rounds Hall. Officers dispatched issued a report for drug law violations.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person requested contact with her daughter at 4:48 p.m. at Jonsson Tower. Officer noted that there was no contact order for the person. Report issued. No information given to the person.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm reported at 6:53 p.m. at Cane Crossing. Patrol units, unit 10 and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department notified. Burned food determined to be the cause of activation. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person reported at 9:54 p.m. that she heard a scream in the village area of MacRury Apartments. Officers dispatched and canvassed the area on foot. No further disturbances reported.
- Suspicious Odor: Person called reported a suspicious odor at 11:15 p.m. on the second floor of Jonsson Tower. Officers dispatched and reported no odor detected at the time.
Tuesday, Oct. 23:
- Campus Safety Assist: Person requested transportation at 10:14 a.m. for a student from Health Services to the Emergency Room. Dispatched officer completed the transport. Report issued.
- Person reported emergency phone activation at 11:18 a.m. in the South Elevator of Jonsson Tower. Officer dispatched reported the elevators clear. Accidental activation determined.
Wednesday, Oct. 24:
- Suspicious Odor: Person reported suspicious burning odor at 12:46 a.m. in the kitchenette of the third floor of Wiecking Hall. Officers responding reported that the odor was due to burned popcorn. No alarm activation received as of that time.
- College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 1:42 a.m. in the common area of Wilmarth Hall. Officer responding reported a group having a birthday party celebration. Officer requested that the volume be lowered. Subjects complied.
- Medical Assist: Person reported at 7:46 a.m. that her roommate in Jonsson Tower has passed out in the shower. Officers and the Emergency Medical System responded. Subject transported to the Emergency Room.
- Medical Assist: Person called at 12:51 p.m. stating that she is having an allergic reaction to something, needs medical attention and would like transportation to the Emergency Room. Dispatched officer. Transport provided.
- College Violation: Person reported loud music at 10:15 p.m. at the Hillside Apartments. Officer dispatched and spoke with the student who was playing the guitar. Student stopped for the evening.
Thursday, Oct. 25:
- Campus Safety Assist: Person requested a medical transport at 9:40 a.m. from Jonsson Tower to the Saratoga Emergency Room. Dispatched officer. Escort provided.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person reported at 11:01 a.m. a female on the ground in front of the Tisch Learning Center who is semi-conscious and appears to be having an allergic reaction and trouble breathing. Dispatched officer and the Emergency Medical System. Female was transported to the Saratoga Emergency Room.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 5:10 p.m. for the Hillside Apartments. Officers, maintenance and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department advised. Officer reported smoke from burnt food.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 9:40 p.m. for the Sasselin Art Building. Officers, maintenance and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department notified. On-going problem reported to Facilities Services.