Posted by Julia Leef
Incidents of Note:
- Saturday, Nov. 10-Trespass: Officer reported four trespassers at 1:08 a.m. had jumped the fence into the Scribner Village construction site. Officers dispatched conducted a canvass of the area with negative results.
- Sunday, Nov. 11- Disorderly Conduct: An officer reported that while on patrol at 2:56 a.m. he observed four male subjects throwing two bikes up a tree in Keyes quad. Subject ran upon the officer's approach. Report issued. Damaged bikes retrieved.
- Wednesday, Nov. 14-Maintenance: Smoke condition reported at 7:44 p.m. in the hallway of the Jonsson Tower basement. Dispatched officers, Unit 10 and notified the Saratoga Springs Fire Department. A burned-out motor of the air handler of the heating system determined to be the cause of the condition. Facilities supervisors advised for proper repairs.
Friday, Nov. 9:
- Drug Law Violation: A strong smell of marijuana was reported at 12:06 a.m. in Jonsson Tower. Officer on the scene reported a Drug Law violation in plain view. Report issued.
- College Violation: People reported being loud at 12:49 a.m. in a Jonsson Tower lounge. Officer dispatched dispersed the large group of people causing the disturbance.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 3:47 p.m. in the Sasselin Art Building. Officers, maintenance and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department advised. Officers reported a faulty heat sensor as the cause of activation. Report issued.
- Suspicious Odor: A strong odor of marijuana reported at 4:12 p.m. in Rounds Hall. Officers responding reported that the odor had dissipated at that time. Source unknown.
- Campus Safety Assist: Assistance requested at 8:18 p.m. for a student-worker in the Murray-Aikins Dining Hall. Officers dispatched. Report issued.
- Drug Law Violation: A suspicious odor reported at 10:39 p.m. coming from a room in Penfield Hall. Officer dispatched reported a drug law violation.
- Liquor Law Violation: Reports received at 10:50 p.m. of a liquor law violation in plain view in Penfield Hall. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Transport requested at 11:21 p.m. from the Emergency Room to an off-campus residence.
Saturday, Nov. 10:
- College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 12:38 a.m. in Hillside Apartments. Dispatched officers located two loud groups and issued noise warnings.
- Drug Law Violation: Officers reported a drug law violation at 1 a.m. in plain view while addressing a noise complaint at the Oak Apartments. Report issued.
- Criminal Mischief: A person reported at 1:33 a.m. that the light cover lens in the North stairwell of Wiecking Hall was knocked off and broken.
- College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 1:25 a.m. in Jonsson Tower. Officer dispatched reported subjects were issued a noise warning. Subjects complied.
- College Violation: Officers issued several noise warnings at 1:42 a.m. at the HIllside Apartments. All residents agreed to comply.
- Criminal Mischief: Person reported a broken exit sign and light at 3:25 a.m. at Rounds Halls. Damage recorded. Maintenance dispatched for exposed wires.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 4:50 p.m. at the Hillside Apartments. Officers, maintenance and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department dispatched. Burned food determined to be the cause. Report issued.
- College Violation: A loud group reported at 11:14 p.m. in Jonsson Tower. Officer dispatched reports the group dispersed upon his arrival.
- College Violation: A loud group reported at 11:36 p.m. at Whitman Way. Officers canvassed the apartments but detected no noise.
Sunday, Nov. 11:
- Intoxicated Subject: An intoxicated female reported at 12:04 a.m. in need of assistance at Falstaff's Pavilion. Officers dispatched assessed the subject and found her responsive and coherent. No Emergency Medical System necessary.
- College Violation: Noise complaint reported 1:13 a.m. at Cane Crossing. Officers dispatched reported a loud stereo. Residents complied with the request to lower the volume.
- College Violation: A noise disturbance reported at 1:49 a.m. on the footpath from 4th Street leading to Zankel. Officers dispatched canvassed the area and reported that the two males speaking loudly left area upon their arrival.
- Security Alarm: A motion alarm activation received at 3:06 a.m. in a hallway of the Williamson Sports Center. Officers dispatched checked the building and reported no disturbances. Cause of alarm unknown.
- Trespass: Subjects reported at 4:25 a.m. on the walkway roof of the South quad. Officers did not give chase due to student safety concerns. Subjects got down and ran from the officers as they approached.
- Criminal Mischief: Officer reported at 4:33 a.m. that while on patrol he observed the Wait Hall lobby television remote control had been smashed into several pieces. No one in the area at that time.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 9:05 a.m. at the Sasselin Art building. Officers and Unit 10 advised. The Saratoga Springs Fire Department was contacted. Faulty heat sensor determined to be the cause. Report issued.
- College Violation: Noise reported at 8:24 p.m. from an adjoining room in Wait Hall. Officers dispatched were unable to detect the "unacceptable" noise.
Monday, Nov. 12:
- Suspicious Odor: The suspicious odor of marijuana reported at 12:10 a.m. on the second floor of Rounds Hall. Officers dispatched reported no odor was detected.
- Campus Safety Assist: A student was reported at 1:24 a.m. vomiting and coughing sitting on the stairs between the Sasselin Art building and the Lucy Scribner Library. Officer dispatched escorted the student to Health Services. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: A "disturbing incident" reported at 4:10 p.m. at Kimball Hall. Officers initiated the investigation. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Students observed at 4:20 p.m. sitting on the roof of the Murray-Aikins Dining Hall. Dispatched officers reported subjects were gone upon their arrival.
- Campus Safety Assistance: Transport requested at 8:04 p.m. to the Emergency Room from Wiecking Hall. Officer dispatched transported the student to the Emergency Room. Report issued.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 11:51 p.m. for a Cane Crossing residence. Officers, maintenance and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department advised. Cause of the activation determined to be a subject smoking in room.
Tuesday, Nov. 13:
- Parking: Officer reported at 10:16 a.m. booting a vehicle in the Williamson Sports Center parking lot for an excessive number of tickets. Report issued.
- Parking: A vehicle towing reported at 1:10 p.m. for parking in the Handicap designated area of the Case Center parking lot. Report issued.
Wednesday, Nov. 14:
- Campus Safety Assistance: An escort requested at 5:53 a.m. from McClellan Hall to the Sasselin Art building to retrieve property. Officer dispatched completed the personal safety transport.
- Trespass: A person reported at 10:48 a.m. that she has further information regarding a trespasser at Colton House. Report issued.
- Graffiti: Graffiti reported at 3:20 p.m. on the picnic table at Haupt Pond. Officer dispatched recorded the damage and issued a report. No known perpetrators at this time.
Thursday, Nov. 15:
- Campus Safety Assist: Employee requests officer assistance at 12:56 a.m. with student removal at the Scribner Library at closing time. She states she has been having difficulties with students remaining after hours. Officers assisted. Remaining person will be subjects to trespass.
- Fire Drills: Fire alarm drill conducted at 10:13 a.m. for the Lodge (Greenberg Child Center). Good drill. Report issued.
- Larceny: Person reported at 11:20 a.m. that her bike had been taken from the bike rack in front of Wait Hall. Campus Safety and the Saratoga Springs Police Department advised. Report issued.
- Suspicious Odor: A constant odor of marijuana reported at 11:45 a.m. in Wait Hall. Officer dispatched and report issued. Investigation on-going.
- Campus Safety Assist: Student information requested at 8:23 p.m. Officer declined to give information regarding a student. Report issued.
- Suspicious Odor: A suspicious odor reported at 10:40 p.m. in Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officers could not locate the marijuana odor as a strong disinfectant had been used to mask it. Source undetermined.
- Suspicious Odor: A suspicious odor reported at 11:03 p.m. at the Hillside Apartments. Dispatched officers detected a faint odor but the source is undetermined at this time.