Posted by Julia Leef
Incidents of Note:
- Friday, Nov. 2-Campus Safety Assist: The sole survivor of four birds that had flown into a window at 4 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 1 at the front of Kimball Hall was released at 8:45 a.m. outside the dorm. Officer Sanacore had taken the bird, identified as a finch, along with another bird that died overnight, to the Upstate Animal Clinic at 5 p.m. on Thursday and returned for the surviving bird, now restored to full health, the following morning.
- Friday, Nov. 2-Hate Crime: Email received at 9:18 a.m. reporting a biased incident that occurred at the Case Center bus stop involving racial vulgarities and inappropriate behavior. Investigation pending. Report issued.
- Sunday, Nov. 4-Accident: A light pole reported at 3:42 a.m. down in the roadway in Case Road. Officers on the scene reported a confirmed hit and run with property damage. Investigation conducted and perpetrator identified. Report issued.
- Monday, Nov. 5- Missing Person: Concern reported at 1:26 p.m. from Whitman Way for a fellow student who is missing. Investigation initiated and subject located and found to be satisfactory. Report issued.
Friday, Nov. 2:
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 1:48 a.m. in the Hillside Apartments A. Officers, maintenance and the Saratoga Spring Fire Department advised. Cause determined to be heavy marijuana smoke. Report issued.
- Suspicious Activity: Two older males reported at 4:25 a.m. trying to gain access to the Murray-Aikins Dining Hall. Officers dispatched located and identified the subjects as CDTA bus drivers looking to buy a cup of coffee.
- Harassment: Administration received an email at 11:13 a.m. reporting a harassment incident in the Jonsson Tower Lot between two employees. Investigation initiated. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Transport for a student requested at 10:19 a.m. from Health Services to the Emergency Room. Dispatched officer completed transport. Report issued.
- Suspicious Activity: Reporting person contacted Campus Safety Director Dennis Conway at 10:28 a.m. reporting an Alumni acting suspiciously at the Arthur Zankel Music Center. Subject was located and warned of his behavior. Report issued. Subject vacated campus. The Saratoga Springs Police Department advised.
- Criminal Mischief: Unknown persons reported at 3:01 a.m. having broken the door closer mechanism on the Jonsson Tower front door. Report issued. Carpenter contacted for repair. Report issued.
- College Violation: Officer reported a group of males at 8:35 p.m. with alcohol attempting to enter the southeast entrance of Wilmarth. Subjects fled the area, leaving the alcohol behind. Officer confiscated the alcohol. Report issued.
- Suspicious Odor: Suspicious odor reported at 10:22 p.m. in Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officers could not discern the source of the odor.
- Criminal Mischief: Unknown subject reported at 10:38 p.m. having just thrown a beer bottle out of an upper floor of Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officers canvassed the Tower with negative results. No injuries sustained.
- Campus Safety Assist: The Saratoga Springs Police Department advised at 11 a.m. of a suspicious subject en route to campus. Officers advised. Report issued.
Saturday, Nov. 3:
- College Violation: Officer reported a male at 12:10 a.m. who was visiting a Skidmore student observed with an open container of alcohol in Jonsson Tower. Subject was warned of the law and the College's policy regarding the open container and that there was no alcohol allowed in the residence halls. Alcohol was dumped on the site.
- College Violation: Loud music reported at 1:40 a.m. in North Woods apartments. Officers dispatched canvassed the area and did not locate the noise disturbance. Call unfounded at that time.
- Suspicious Activity: An unknown vehicle reported at 1:57 a.m. parked behind the Sports Center. Officers dispatched reported the subject identified and left the area.
- Campus Safety Assist: Medical transport requested at 5:42 p.m. from the Dance Theater to the Saratoga Hospital Emergency Room. Officer dispatched transported the subject. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Possible drug violations reported at 6:56 p.m. on the third floor of McClellan Hall. Officers were advised of the situation and planned for attention to be focused on that area.
- Liquor Law Violation: Officer reported a liquor law violation at 9:58 p.m. on the second floor of Rounds Hall. Report issued.
Sunday, Nov. 4:
- Suspicious Odor: The odor of burned marijuana reported at 12:30 a.m. in Wilmarth Hall. Officer dispatched was unable to discern source.
- College Violation: A loud disturbance reported at 12:41 a.m. at Whitman Way. Officers reported a male student out of control causing damage to the apartment and also to himself. Police and the Emergency Medical System dispatched to transport the subject to the Emergency Room for medical attention. Report issued.
- Disorderly Conduct: A fight in progress reported at 1 a.m. in the Spa. Officers dispatched on the scene reported the subjects involved fled the area. Investigation conducted. Report issued.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm received at 1:47 a.m. in Moore Way residence. Officers, Unit 10 and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department dispatched. Cause of alarm activation was burned candles. Report issued.
- College Violation: Loud music reported at 1:12 a.m. at Whitman Way. Officer dispatched reported the residents complied with the request to lower the volume.
- Fire Alarm Apparatus: Person reported a stopper alarm at 1:15 a.m. in the Wait Hall basement. Officer responded and reset the stopper. Unknown persons caused the activation.
- College Violation: Loud music and people reported at 1:22 a.m. in Wait Hall. Officer reports checking the area with no disturbance located. Subjects gone on arrival.
- College Violation: Loud music reported at 2:31 a.m. at Dayton Drive. Officer spoke with residents who complied with the request to lower the volume.
- Fire Alarm Apparatus: A stopper alarm reported at 3:16 a.m. on the third floor of Kimball Hall. Officer responded and reset the alarm. Unknown persons caused the alarm.
- Criminal Mischief: Graffiti reported at 8:50 a.m. on the wall in the study room of the sixth floor of Jonsson Tower. Officer dispatched recorded the damage. Report issued.
- Graffiti: Graffiti reported in the basement of Wilmarth Hall. Officer dispatched recorded the damage. No known perpetrators at this time.
- Campus Safety Assist: Welfare check requested at 6:37 p.m. for a student in Jonsson Tower. Officer dispatched and located the subject, confirming her satisfactory welfare. Report issued.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 6:51 p.m. at Cane Crossing. Campus Safety, maintenance and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department dispatched. Source of the activation was due to a drug law violation involving marijuana smoke and candles. Report issued.
- Suspicious Odor: A suspicious odor reported at 8:59 p.m. on the third floor of McClellan Hall. Officers dispatched reported no odor detected. Call unfounded at this time.
Monday, Nov. 5:
- College Violation: Officer reported warning a student at 5:10 p.m. about the hazards of skateboarding on Perimeter Road on campus.
- Found Property: Person reported at 9:05 p.m. finding alcohol in the refrigerator on the third floor of Rounds Hall. Dispatched officers confiscated the alcohol. Owner unknown.
- Medical: Assistance for a subject who had injured his ankle requested at 9:22 p.m. from the Dance Theater. Dispatched officers transported the subject to the Emergency Room for further medical assistance. Report issued.
Tuesday, Nov. 6:
- College Violation: A loud disturbance reported at 12:04 a.m. in the common area of Wait Hall. Officers responding reported that fifteen subjects were conducting a study session. Officers requested the subjects lower the volume of use an alternative area, such as the basement. Subject complied.
- Campus Safety Assist: Medical transport requested at 10:15 a.m. for a student from Jonsson Tower to the Emergency Room at Saratoga Springs Hospital. Officer completed the transport. Report issued.
- Fire: Smoke reported at 11:30 a.m. coming out of the ashtray at the outside entrance of Penfield Hall. Officer extinguished the fire. No damage reported.
- College Violation: Officers reported a marijuana smoking violation at 5:20 p.m. in Rounds Hall. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Reporting person requested at 7:21 p.m. to speak with Health Services on call. Subjects connected to the on call employee. Assistance provided.
Wednesday, Nov. 7:
- Emergency Phone Activation: Activation of emergency phone received at 1:28 a.m. in the North elevator. No response. Officers dispatched report the subject located and no emergency at this time.
- Campus Safety Assist: A squirrel reported at 1:53 p.m. in a car in West Lot. Dispatched officer contacted the owner. The car doors were opened and the squirrel exited the vehicle without incident.
Thursday, Nov. 8:
- Suspicious Odor: An odor of incense reported at 1:01 p.m. on the third floor of McClellan Hall. Dispatched officer reported the call is unfounded.
- Trespass: Person reported at 5 p.m. that her room had been entered by an unknown person(s). Dispatched officer. Report taken.
- Suspicious Odor: Suspicious odor reported at 9:12 p.m. on the second floor of Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officer confiscated illegal paraphernalia. Report taken.
- Suspicious Odor: Suspicious odor reported at 9:10 p.m. in McClellan Hall. Dispatched officers reported the call was unfounded.