Posted by Julia Leef
Incidents of Note:
- Friday, Jan. 31-Criminal Mischief: Water overflow reported into rooms at Wilmarth Hall at 4:52 p.m. The flooding appeared to be intentional. Report taken.
- Tuesday, Feb. 4-Suspicious Odor: A burning odor reported at 7:43 p.m. in the basement of McClellan Hall. Dispatched officer and maintenance. Maintenance reported that the odor came from a spray lubricant placed on the boiler. The chemical was not hazardous and was vented out of the building.
- Thursday, Feb. 6-Sex Offense: Campus Safety office received a third party report at 9:37 a.m. of a possible sexual assault at an on-campus location.
Friday, Jan. 31:
- Medical Assistance: Ambulance requested at 4:20 p.m. for a female in the Filene Music Hall. Student and nurse declined transport due to a medical condition.
- Larceny: A card reported taken at 4:50 p.m. from Falstaff's Pavillion and used around campus. Report taken and investigation begun.
- Fire: Fire alarm received at 7:57 p.m. at 9 Dayton Drive. Heavy smoke condition and fire extinguisher used. Damage to residence. Report taken.
- Medical Assistance: A student requested medical assistance at 11:24 p.m. at 12 Whitman Way. Subject transported to the Saratoga Hospital.
- Suspicious Odor: A suspicious odor reported at 11:31 p.m. on the second floor of Jonsson Tower. Report unfounded.
Saturday, Feb. 1:
- College Violation: Loud noise reported at 2:42 a.m. coming from the common area on the first floor of Wilmarth Hall. Students quieted down.
- Accident: Student reported an injury at 9:08 p.m. when she slipped and fell on the Keyes Quad. Accident report completed.
- Campus Safety Assist: A large house party reported at 11:30 p.m. with students in the roadway at an off-campus location. Sheriff's Department advised.
Sunday, Feb. 2:
- Criminal Mischief: A hole reported at 12:01 a.m. in the wall on the second floor of Wiecking Hall. Report taken.
- Intoxicated Subject: Intoxicated female reported at 1:20 a.m. in the Spa. Student was transported to the Saratoga Hospital.
- Intoxicated Subject: An intoxicated male reported at 2:45 a.m. in the first floor lounge of Wilmarth Hall. Subject was transported to the Saratoga Hospital.
- Suspicious Activity: Report received at 4:09 a.m. that someone was banging on the subject's door in Wiecking Hall. Dispatched officers reported no one in the area upon their arrival.
- Criminal Mischief: Club posters reported torn down at 1:49 p.m. in Case Center. Report taken.
- College Violation: Officer confiscated drug paraphernalia at 5:05 p.m. at 5 Dayton Drive. Property receipt left. Report filed.
- Suspicious Odor: Suspicious odor of grilling reported at 5:38 p.m. at McClellan Hall. Officer dispatched and students complied with the request to move the grill.
- Intoxicated Subject: An intoxicated male reported at 10:31 p.m. on the eleventh floor of Jonsson Tower. Subject was transported to the Saratoga Hospital.
Monday, Feb. 3:
- Campus Safety Assist: Officer assistance requested at 8:05 a.m. in Wilmarth Hall. Officer dispatched provided assistance to the reporting person with the removal of student property. Report issued.
- Harassment: Unwanted contact attempts reported at 10 a.m. in Wiecking Hall from another party. Report issued.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm received at 5:53 p.m. at the Sussman B Apartments. All officers, maintenance and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department sent. Activation was due to burned food. Report issued.
- Medical Assistance: Report received at 8:53 p.m. of a male who had sustained an injury at intramural soccer at the Williamson Sports Center. Dispatched officer who requested the Skidmore College Emergency Medical Service. Report issued.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm received at 11:17 p.m. at the Sussman J Apartments. All officers, maintenance and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department dispatched. Officers reported that the activation was due to burned food. Report issued.
Tuesday, Feb. 4:
- Medical: Transportation requested at 2:33 p.m. for an injured student at the Art Center. Officer provided the transport for medical attention. Report issued.
Wednesday, Feb. 5:
- Suspicious Activity: A possible intoxicated subject reported at 12:43 a.m. in the West Lot. Officer dispatched was unable to locate the subject.
- College Violation: Loud people reported at 2:45 a.m. slamming doors in the hallway of Wait Hall. Officers dispatched were unable to locate the subjects.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 6:26 p.m. in the Sussman Apartments. Officers, maintenance and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department advised. Burned food was determined to be the cause. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Transport requested at 6:53 p.m. to the Emergency Room. Dispatched officer who completed the transport. Report issued.
- College Violation: A noise complaint reported at 11:22 p.m. on the first floor of Kimball Hall. Dispatched officer spoke with the resident who complied with the request to lower the volume.
Thursday, Feb. 6:
- Campus Safety Assist: Transportation requested at 9:39 a.m. for a student from Health Services to Wilton Medical. Dispatched officer reported completing the transport.
- Graffiti: Graffiti reported at 4:06 p.m. in Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officer recorded the incident. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: A welfare check requested at 9:39 p.m. for a student at an off-campus location. Officer was dispatched and located the subject to deliver the message.
- Medical: Reporting person was in the Campus Safety office at 7:47 p.m. stating that he had a small piece of metal in his right eye. Officer and the Emergency Medical Transport provided assistance. Report issued.
- Suspicious Odor: A suspicious odor reported at 10:38 p.m. in Howe Hall. Dispatched officer stated that there was no odor at the time. Call unfounded.