Posted by Julia Leef
Incidents of Note:
- Sunday, Jan. 26-Depressed person: Campus Safety assistance requested at 4:48 a.m. for a female student who had attempted to harm herself in Kimball Hall. Officers dispatched. Counseling involved. Report issued.
- Monday, Jan. 27-Report received at 1:20 p.m. from a person stating that unknown persons stole cash from her office in the Tisch Learning Center. Officer dispatched issued the report.
- Monday, Jan. 27-Campus Safety Assist: Officer reported at 6:52 p.m. that he had assisted with the traffic due to an accident bordering the campus until the Sheriff and the National Grid arrival.
- Wednesday, Jan. 29-Power Outage: The campus experienced an unplanned power outage at noon. Officers and maintenance dispatched to individuals trapped in elevators. Power outage plan was enacted and the power returned approximately 30 minutes later.
- Wednesday, Jan. 29-Animals: A squirrel reported at 5:59 p.m. in the Club Storage room in Case Center. Dispatched officer. Squirrel exited Case Center without incident.
Saturday, Jan. 25:
- Liquor Law Violation: Officer reported an alcohol violation at 2:19 a.m. on the third floor of Kimball Hall. Report issued.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 6:31 p.m. at the Sussman Apartments. Officers, the Saratoga Springs Fire Department and the Unit-10 dispatched. Activation due to a cooking error. Report issued.
- Suspicious Odor: A suspicious odor reported at 7:23 p.m. on the third floor of Jonsson Tower. Officers dispatched reported that they were unable to determine the source of the odor.
- College Violation: Noise complaint reported at 11:53 p.m. at Cane Crossing. Residents complied with the request to lower the volume.
Sunday, Jan. 26:
- College Violation: A loud noise reported at 12:30 a.m. from a registered party at Dayton Drive. Officers spoke to the residents who complied with the request to lower the volume.
- College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 12:45 a.m. at Dayton Drive. Residents complied with the request to lower the volume.
- Intoxicated Subject: A male subject reported at 1:23 a.m. who was intoxicated and vomiting in Wilmarth Hall. Officers and the Skidmore College Emergency Medical Service responded. No additional medical attention necessary.
- Intoxicated Subject: The Saratoga Springs Police Department advised Campus Safety at 1:49 a.m. of a 911 report of an intoxicated student. Officers and the Skidmore College Emergency Medical Service responded. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Report received at 9:40 a.m. of an intoxicated subject who was asleep in a vehicle in the West Lot. Officers and the Skidmore College Emergency Medical Service dispatched to evaluate the subject. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: A welfare check for a student requested at 11:28 p.m. in Jonsson Tower. Officer who responded reported locating the subject and that parental contact was made. Report issued.
- College Violation: A drug law violation reported at 4:56 p.m. on the third floor of Wiecking Hall. Report issued.
- Suspicious Odor: A suspicious odor reported at 10:55 p.m. on the tenth floor of Jonsson Tower. Officers dispatched reported detecting an odor but being unable to determine the source.
Monday, Jan. 27:
- Campus Safety Assist: A parent requested a welfare check at 10:55 a.m. on his daughter in Kimball Hall. Officer dispatched located the subject and advised the concerned parent.
- Medical: A fallen subject reported at 10:48 a.m. in a bathroom in Kimball Hall. Officers dispatched requested the Skidmore College Emergency Medical Service. Subject was transported via ambulance for medical treatment. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: An escort requested at noon from the Williamson Sports Center to the Murray-Aikins Dining Hall as the subject had just had surgery on his leg and it was too slippery to walk there on crutches. Officer completed the transport to and from these locations.
- Drug Law Violation: A strong odor of marijuana reported at 2:48 p.m. on the second floor of Wiecking Hall. Dispatched officer reported viewing a Drug Law Violation. Report issued.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 5:42 p.m. from the Sussman Apartments. All officers, maintenance and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department dispatched. Activation was due to burned food.
Tuesday, Jan. 28:
- Campus Safety Assist: Report received at 1:47 a.m. from a housekeeper who stated that there was an unauthorized male subject in the Scribner Library, which was closed at the time. Officers canvassed the entire library but did not locate anyone.
- Medical: Medical assistance requested at 2:56 a.m. for a roommate in the Sussman Apartments. Officer and the Skidmore College Emergency Medical Service dispatched. Subject transported to the Emergency Room. Report issued.
- Accident: A PDAA reported at 8:20 a.m. on Clinton Street. Officer assisted until additional police units arrived. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: A transport requested at 3:56 p.m. for a student to urgent care. Dispatched officer who completed the transport. Report issued.
Wednesday, Jan. 29:
- Suspicious Odor: Reporting person called at 2:13 p.m. about a suspicious odor in Wiecking Hall. Officer was dispatched and reported that the suspicious odor was unfounded. Odor had dissipated prior to the officer's arrival.
- Medical Assist: Report received at 7:39 p.m. that a female had slipped on the stairs at Kimball Hall and injured her ankle. Dispatched officer and the Skidmore College Emergency Medical Service to evaluate her condition. Report made.
Thursday, Jan. 30:
- Fire Drills: Fire alarm sounded at 10:07 a.m. for the Lodge. Good drill. Alarm reset.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm received at 12:39 p.m. for 6 Cane Crossing. Dispatched officers, maintenance and advised the Saratoga Springs Fire Department. Officer reported finding no cause; apparent malfunction. Alarm reset.
- Maintenance: Reporting person called at 1:57 p.m. stating that he and his friend were stuck in the elevator in Harder Hall. Dispatched officers and maintenance. Officer reported that the power appeared to be out in the Harder Hall building. Advised Facilities. Students were assisted out of the elevator. The power was restored at 2:12 p.m. An electrician worked on on the problem.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm sounded at 10:41 p.m. for the Sussman Apartments B. Officer and maintenance dispatched. Officer investigated and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department was advised that the alarm was tripped by smoking. A Drug Law Violation was observed. Report made.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm received at 10:49 p.m. for the Sussman Apartments L. Officers and maintenance responded and discovered that the alarm was due to cooking. The Saratoga Springs Fire Department was advised and did not respond to the alarm.
- Criminal Mischief: A missing pin reported at 10:54 p.m. from a fire extinguisher on the ninth floor of Jonsson Tower. Report made.
- Animals: A bat reported at 10:29 p.m. loose in the main lobby of Wiecking Hall. Officers were dispatched and released the bat without making contact.