Posted by Julia Leef
Incidents of Note:
- Monday, Jan. 20-Larceny: Two fire extinguishers found at 3:30 p.m. by Haupt Pond. It was determined that both were removed from the Art Center. Report taken.
- Monday, Jan. 20-Harassment: Report received of an email sent at 10:41 a.m. on Jan. 16 to Campus Safety regarding possible harassment between two current students.
- Thursday, Jan. 23-Suspicious Activity: A suspicious person reported at 7:20 p.m. walking near the Sussman Apartments. Officer dispatched located the homeless male subject and transported him to a shelter off campus due to the extreme weather.
Friday, Jan. 17:
- Campus Safety Assist: A transport requested at 8:52 a.m. to the Sussman Apartments K as the reporting person was on crutches. Transport provided.
- Disorderly Conduct: Disorderly conduct, taunting and unruly behavior reported at 10 p.m. during a basketball game at the Williamson Sports Center. Officers responded and quieted the spectators. No further incidents.
Sunday, Jan. 19:
- Criminal Mischief: Officer reported at 12:14 a.m. finding that the phone on the fifth floor of Jonsson Tower had been torn off the wall. Report made and photos taken.
- College Violation: A reporting person called at 12:10 a.m. stating that there was loud music coming from a neighboring apartment in Sussman J. Dispatched officers reported speaking with the residents who agreed to lower the volume. The reporting person called again at 2:18 a.m. stating that the same apartment was noisy again. Dispatched officer reported finding several students watching a movie. Officer told the students that they would need to disperse, as this was the second time he had told them to quiet down. Students complied and left.
- College Violation: A loud group reported at 1:33 a.m. in McClellan Hall. Dispatched officers reported speaking to the residents and discovered alcohol as well. Report made. Alcohol dumped.
Monday, Jan. 20:
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm sounded at 1:16 a.m. in the Sussman Apartments J. Dispatched all units, maintenance and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department. Alarm due to cooking.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 1:25 p.m. at 12 Whitman Way. Activation due to contractors. Alarm restored.
- Suspicious Odor: Odor of marijuana reported at 3:20 p.m. at Jonsson Tower. Odor dissipated prior to the officers' arrival.
- Suspicious Odor: The smell of gasoline reported at 3:25 p.m. at the Starbuck Center. Odor dissipated prior to the officers' arrival.
- Criminal Mischief: Criminal mischief reported at 4:56 p.m. at the Art Center. Upon entering the Ceramics Studio, the reporting person observed broken items and a piece of equipment left. Report taken.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 7:09 p.m. at the Sussman Apartments I. Dispatched all units, notified Unit-10, advised the Saratoga Springs Fire Department. Alarm was due to cooking.
- Graffiti: Officer reported finding graffiti at 7:55 p.m. on the first floor of Wait Hall. Report made.
- College Violation: A noise complaint received at 10 p.m. at the Sussman Apartments J. Dispatched officers who spoke with the two subjects who turned the volume down. At 10:38 p.m., the reporting person called back stating that the noise was louder than before. Dispatched officer reported speaking with two different residents who stated that they would keep it down. The reporting person called back at 10:50 p.m. stating that it was still too loud. Dispatched officer spoke with the resident.
- Suspicious Odor: A suspicious odor reported at 10:36 p.m. at Penfield Hall. Dispatched officers.
Tuesday, Jan. 21:
- Campus Safety Assist: Transportation requested received at 8:33 a.m. to the Saratoga Hospital Emergency Room, as the subject was not feeling well. Dispatched officer. Transportation provided.
- Suspicious Odor: An odor of gas reported at 10:02 a.m. at the Dana Science Center. Dispatched officer and maintenance unit. Officer reported that no odor could be detected and advised the reporting person to call if the odor returned.
- Suspicious Odor: A suspicious odor reported at 4:25 p.m. at Penfield Hall. Dispatched officer could not find the source of the odor, which had dissipated prior to arrival.
Wednesday, Jan. 22:
- College violation: A noise complaint reported at 12:03 a.m. at Whitman Way. Officer advised that no noise was detected. Call unfounded at the time.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 7:06 p.m. at the Sussman Apartments. Dispatched all units and advised the Saratoga Springs Fire Department. Activation due to a cooking error. Report issued.
- College Violation: A noise complaint reported at 6:03 p.m. at Wait Hall. Dispatched officer reported that resident complied with the request to lower the volume.
- Suspicious Odor: Suspicious odor reported at 9:25 p.m. at Jonsson Tower. Officers dispatched reported a strong odor in the lobby but were unable to determine a specific source.
- On Call Request: Contact requested at 11:35 p.m. from Wilmarth Hall with a counselor on call. Message delivered and assistance given.
Thursday, Jan. 23:
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 4:20 a.m. in Palamountain. Officers, maintenance and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department dispatched. Several subsequent activations due to a faulty smoke head. Electrician made repair. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Transport requested at 6:32 p.m. from Wilmarth Hall to the Emergency Room. Officer dispatched completed the transport. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Reporting person advised at 9:21 p.m. that she would like to report an uncomfortable situation that occurred in Penfield Hall. Officers provided assistance and issued a report.
- Medical Assist: Report received at 10:32 p.m. that a student worker at the Murray-Aikins Dining Hall had sustained a burn and would like medical assistance. Dispatched officer/EMT and the Skidmore College Emergency Service. Report issued.
- College Violation: A noise complaint reported at 10:52 p.m. at the Sussman Apartments. Dispatched officers reported that the situation had been rectified with the music lowered.
- College Violation: A noise complaint received at 11:02 p.m. at Whitman Way. Dispatched officers who reported that the residents agreed to lower the volume.
- College Violation: A noise complaint reported at 11:10 p.m. at Cane Crossing. Dispatched officers reported that the television volume was lowered.
- College Violation: A noise complaint received at 11:55 p.m. for the Sussman Apartments. Dispatched officers reported that the situation was rectified with the residents agreeing to lower their voices.