Posted by Julia Leef '14
Incidents of Note:
- Sunday, Sept. 1-Report received at 1:33 a.m. that a female was being carried upstairs into a New Village Apartment by four males. Dispatched all units who reported locating the female and the male students inside one of the apartments. The males were attempting to assist the female, who was intoxicated. The Skidmore College Emergency Medical Service was called in to evaluate the female.
- Sunday, Sept. 1-Medical assistance requested at 10:49 p.m. in the Hillside Apartments A. Officers and the Skidmore College Emergency Medical Service dispatched. 911 was contacted by the caller as well. Officers reported an initially unresponsive female at the apartment who became responsive as the emergency crews were on the scene. The female was evaluated and requested no further medical attention.
- Tuesday, Sept. 3-Report received at 3:30 p.m. of a sexual assault that occurred on campus last semester. Investigation continues.
- Thursday, Sept. 5-Medical Assistance Calls: A report received at 10:11 p.m. that a person believes she was given drugs unknowingly at a concert in Kimball Hall. Officers and the Emergency Medical Service dispatched. The person was evaluated and requested no further actions at the time.
Friday, Aug. 30:
- College Violation: Noise reported at 12:06 a.m. coming from a room in McClellan Hall. Residents advised to keep the noise down. All complied without further incident.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 12:10 a.m. in the New Apartments J. Officers found that marijuana smoke in the apartment had set off the building's fire alarm system. The Saratoga Springs Fire Department responded and the fire alarm was reset.
- Graffiti: Graffiti reported at 2:37 p.m. etched on the balcony glass of Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officers. Report taken. No known suspects for this incident.
- Propped Door: Officer reported finding a propped door at 6:48 p.m. during property checks of Kimball Hall. Door prop was removed and the building was secured.
- Suspicious Activity: Officer White reported at 9:12 p.m. finding a male with a dog in North Woods who stated that he is a parent of a student walking the dog.
- Propped Door: Officer reported finding a propped door at 7:02 p.m. on the west side of Penfield Hall. Now secure.
- Propped door: At 7:05 p.m., exterior door of McClellan Hall found propped open. Now secure.
- Propped door: At 11:34 p.m. a propped door was found in Wiecking Hall. Door now secure.
- College Violation: A noise complaint received at 11:31 p.m. for 10 Whitman Way. Dispatched officers spoke with the residents of two apartments who were playing loud music. Subjects complied with the request to turn down the volume.
- Saturday, Aug. 31:
- Suspicious Activity: While jogging at 7:45 a.m. on Bloomfield road, a person reported that she observed a car pass her several times and was following her. Report taken and investigation ensued.
- Fire Alarm: A fire alarm reported at 8:23 a.m. for the Colton House. Immediately received a telephone call from an employee working in the building stating that they set it off. All is well. Advised the Saratoga Springs Fire Department, officer, and maintenance. Maintenance reset the alarm.
- Fire Alarm: Received a fire alarm at 11:49 a.m. for the Murray-Aikins Dining Hall. Dispatched officers, maintenance, and advised the Saratoga Springs Fire Department. Officers reported a faulty duct detector had caused the alarm. Advised the Saratoga Springs Fire Department. Electricians working on the issue.
- Fire alarm: A fire alarm received at 2:26 p.m. in the Hillside Apartments B. Dispatched officers, maintenance, and advised the Saratoga Springs Fire Department. Officer reported that the alarm was due to cooking; no problems at the time.
- Propped door: Officer reported at 9:14 p.m. finding the Wilmarth door propped open. Officer secured the door.
Sunday, Sept. 1:
- Suspicious Odor: A suspicious odor reported at 12:10 a.m. in Wiecking Hall. Dispatched officers could not detect an odor upon their arrival.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activated at 12:15 a.m. in the New Apartments K. Dispatched officers, Unit 10 and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department. Alarm was due to burnt food.
- College Violation: Loud noise reported at 12:32 a.m. in Howe. Dispatched officers reported that the students cooperated and lowered the volume.
- Medical Assistance: A person reported having difficulty breathing at 2:05 a.m. in Penfield Hall. Dispatched officers and the Skidmore College Emergency Medical Service, who evaluated the reporting person.
- Medical Assistance: A student reported at 2:41 a.m. from the New Apartments L that their roommate was having severe stomach cramps. Dispatched officers and the Skidmore College Emergency Medical Service. The SCEMS evaluated the subject who was transported to the Saratoga Emergency Room by Campus Safety.
- Suspicious Odor: A suspicious odor reported at 2:51 p.m. in the south quad. Odor had dissipated prior to the officer's arrival.
- Propped Door: Officer reported finding a door propped at 9:05 a.m. in Kimball Hall. Door secured.
- Propped Door: A number of doors were found propped open at 4:52 p.m. across campus.
- Medical Assistance: Reporting person states at 9:45 p.m. that she stubbed her toe on the steps of the Janet Kinghorn Bernhard Theater. Officer dispatched.
- Suspicious Odor: A suspicious odor reported at 11:36 p.m. on the first floor of Penfield Hall. Officers dispatched reported that the odor had dissipated prior to their arrival.
Monday, Sept. 2:
- College Violation: Noise and a lot of people reported at 12:21 a.m. on Dayton Drive. Dispatched officers dispersed the crowd with no further incidents.
- College Violation: Report received of people being loud at 1:15 a.m. outside in the south quad. Officer dispatched. People were advised to disperse and did so without further incident.
- Drug Law Violation: A drug law and alcohol violation reported at 1:55 a.m. in Wiecking Hall. Report made and items confiscated.
- Medical Assistance: A Saratoga Springs Fire Department ambulance requested at 1:12 p.m. for Jonsson Tower. Officer and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department were dispatched at that time. The individual was transported to the Saratoga Emergency Room via ambulance.
- College Violation: A loud party reported at 11:38 p.m. taking place in the New Village. Dispatched officers reported closing the party down and dispersing the crowd. Report made. Referred to the Dean of Student Affairs Office for further follow-up.
Tuesday, Sept. 3:
- Suspicious Odor: A suspicious odor reported at 1:22 a.m. in Wiecking Hall. Officers sent to check the area were unable to locate the source.
- Larceny: The reporting person called at 9:18 p.m. requesting officer assistance while meeting with a student. Officers were informed by the reporting person that her wallet had been stolen off-campus. The Saratoga Springs Police Department arrived on the scene at 9:26 p.m. and took a report.
Wednesday, Sept. 4:
- Medical Assistance: The Skidmore College Emergency Medical Service was requested at 10:58 p.m. to take a look at a student's ankle in Penfield Hall. Dispatched officers reported that the student was treated by the SCEMS.
Thursday, Sept. 5:
- Campus Safety Assist: Assistance requested at 9:01 a.m. getting a vehicle moved from the corner of Clinton and Clement, which has been there for three days. Neighbors had called with concerns. Dispatched officers reported speaking with the owner who will have the vehicle moved. Advised the Saratoga Springs Police Department.
- Suspicious Odor: An odor of marijuana reported at 5:43 p.m. near the Hillside Apartments A. Officer dispatched did not detect an odor near the building. Odor had dissipated.
- Suspicious Activity: A suspicious truck reported at 8:41 p.m. approaching students on Case Roadway. Officers dispatched reported that the subject was identified as an employee. No further problems reported.
- Property Damage Auto Accident: A person reported at 11:06 p.m. that another parked vehicle had rolled back into his front bumper in Wait parking lot. Officers dispatched. No personal injuries. Report made. Photos taken.
- Propped Door: Front door found propped at 11:37 p.m. in Kimball Hall. Officer secured the door.