Posted by Julia Leef
Incidents of Note:
- Sunday, Sept. 30- Suspicious Activity: Person reports hearing gunshots at 3:37 p.m. in the vicinity of North Woods. Dispatched officers. Shots fired beyond Skidmore College property in target shooting near the woods.
- Wednesday, Oct. 3- Suspicious Activity: Person reported at 8:46 a.m. from the Falstaff parking lot that he heard what sounded like a loud explosion and a flash of light coming from the North Woods area. Dispatched officers. Officers reported they were unable to locate any problem, but requested that an electrician respond to the area to check the transformers. Report issued.
- Thursday, Oct. 4-Campus Safety Assist: Person reported a non-student banned subject on campus at the Scribner Library without authorization at 7:50 p.m. Report issued. Subject gone upon arrival.
Friday, Sept. 28
- Suspicious Activity: Several males reported at 12:08 a.m. smoking out of a hookah in the breezeway of Howe-Rounds. Officer dispatched issued a report regarding the violation of college policy regarding hookahs. Item confiscated.
- Alarm: Officers conducted a testing of the academic buildings' fire alarm systems in Palamountain, Bolton, and Dana, and a testing of the emergency phones and blue lights on campus. Work orders prepared for deficiencies.
- Campus Safety Assist: A concerned father requested a welfare check at 10:55 a.m. of a student in the Oak Apartments. Officer located the student and had him call his father. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: A concerned parent requested a welfare check at 10:46 a.m. for an ill student at Oak apartments. Officer contacted the subject and delivered the message. Subject was in a satisfactory condition. Report issued.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 7:35 p.m. at Dayton Drive. Dispatched officers, maintenance, and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department. Alarm was due to burned food. Report issued.
- Suspicious Odor: Suspicious odor reported at 9:18 p.m. in Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officer confiscated contraband. Report issued.
Saturday, Sept. 29
- Complaints: A large group of students reported at 12:20 a.m. causing a disturbance outside an off-campus home. The Saratoga Springs Police Department was contacted to respond.
- College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 12:20 a.m. at Whitman Way. Officer dispatched reports the subjects leaving the residence upon arrival. No further problems.
- Criminal Mischief: Criminal mischief reported at 12:45 a.m. to a lobby light fixture in Kimball Hall. No known perpetrators. Report issued. Damage recorded.
- Suspicious Activity: Four males reported at 3:35 a.m. causing a disturbance in a female bathroom in Rounds Hall. The reporter's personal belongings were dumped on the floor and the subjects were gone upon arrival. Report issued. No known perpetrators.
- Criminal Mischief: Officer reported criminal mischief at 9:52 p.m. on the second floor of Howe Hall. Damage recorded and report issued. No known perpetrators.
- College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 11:31 p.m. from a room in Wiecking Hall. Officers dispatched spoke with the resident who complied with the request to lower the volume. Report issued.
Sunday, Sept. 30
- College Violation: While on rounds, person reported a small group of residents at 12:27 a.m. outside residences at Dayton Drive progressively getting louder. Officers dispatched spoke with the small group and they complied with the request to lower the volume.
- Campus Safety Assist: While conducting off campus checks, officers reported at 12:57 a.m. large student gatherings at off campus residences. Numerous students observed in the roadways.
- Moving Violations: Officer reports observing a vehicle leave the Jonsson Tower lot driving recklessly with several students in the area. Officer issued report.
- False Report: The emergency phone was activated in the south elevator of Jonsson Tower at 2:14 a.m. The caller stated that the button was pushed accidentally and apologized. Responding officers advised.
- Criminal Mischief: While conducting a check of the North Quad at 3:06 a.m., person notes damage to the Rounds Hall vending machines located in the breezeway. No known perpetrators or witnesses at this time. Damage recorded and report issued.
- College Violation: Excessive noised reported at 4:13 a.m. from two males in adjacent apartment at Whitman Way. Officers dispatched reported that the subjects lowered the volume upon request.
- Campus Safety Assist: Officer received several dropped calls at 4:17 a.m. from a cell phone number at Whitman Way with no response. Officers dispatched in an attempt to located the female subject. The officer was able to finally contact the owner after several attempts and verify her status with one of her housemates, who reported that the cell phone had lost its signal and that the subject was in good condition. Report issued.
- Disorderly Conduct: Person reports his former girlfriend causing a disturbance at 5:45 a.m. outside his door in Jonsson Tower. Officers separated subjects and no further disturbances resulted.
Monday, Oct. 1
- Campus Safety Assist: Officers provided a personal escort at 1:28 a.m. for a female subject from Case Center to her residence.
- Power Outage: Campus-wide scheduled power outage occurs from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m. for generator testing. Elevator phones checked and vendors called. Report issued.
- Found Property: Person turned over a bicycle at 2:50 p.m. that has been in the kitchen area of the third floor in Jonsson Tower for a couple weeks. Bike secured at Campus Safety.
- Graffiti: Graffiti reported at 3:28 p.m. on the second floor hallway of Penfield Hall. Officers investigating. Report issued.
Tuesday, Oct. 2
- Medical: Medical assistance requested at 6:40 a.m. at Kimball Hall. Officer dispatched transported the subject for medical assistance. Report issued.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 11:35 a.m. in Scribner Library. Dispatched officer and notified Unit 10. Call received from a contractor stating that they were working in the area and neglected to cover a smoke detector from the dust. All officers and Saratoga Springs Fire Department advised. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: A male reported at 1:35 p.m. outside the Tang Teaching Museum appears to be wandering and doesn't look like he belongs on campus. Dispatched officers canvassed the area with negative results. No further reports received.
- Larceny: Person reports the larceny of her bicycle at 6:10 p.m. from the front of the Hillside Apartments. Campus Safety and the Saratoga Springs Police Department reports issued.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 8:33 p.m. at Whitman Way. Dispatched officer. Notified Unit 10 and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department. Caused determined to be a humidifier too close to the heat sensor. Report issued.
- Accident: Person reports a Property Damage Auto Accident at 8:33 p.m. in the Sports Center parking lot. Officer dispatched reports two non-Skidmore vehicles involved in a minor accident. Saratoga Springs Police Department contacted for the report. No personal injuries involved.
Wednesday, Oct. 3
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 5:05 a.m. from a residence at Cane Crossing. Officers, maintenance, and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department were advised. Officers report the caused was determined to be excessive steam by the heat sensor. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Officer reported at 10:55 a.m. cutting the lock of a powder blue bike locked to the handrail outside the Barrett circle front entrance as it was causing a hindrance on the walkway. Bike secured at Campus Safety. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person requested transportation at 11:46 a.m. for her friend from her North Woods apartment at Dayton Drive to Health Services as she was ill. Officer dispatched completed the transport. Report issued.
- Suspicious Odor: Suspicious burning odor reported at 1:08 p.m. at Wait Hall. Officer and maintenance dispatched. Maintenance reported that the odor came from the dust on the newly repaired heater.
- Complaints: Person requested assistance from Campus Safety at 8:53 p.m. from the Scribner Library. Dispatched officer provided assistance. Subject transported for medical attention. Report issued.
Thursday, Oct. 4
- Campus Safety Assist: Person reports a Nortel 911 activation at 1:26 a.m. from Ladd Hall. Officer contracted the extension and was informed that the call was made in error. Officer interviewed the subject to affirm the error. Saratoga Springs Police Department advised.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person requested an officer to assist her roommate at 9:45 a.m. in the Howe dormitory. Officer walked the student to Health Services per her request.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person reports at 11:30 p.m. that her ignition key is stuck in her car at Wait parking lot. Dispatched officers made several unsuccessful attempts to release the key. Subject secured the vehicle and will address the situation with AAA in the morning.