Posted by Julia Leef
Incidents of Note:
- Friday, Oct. 5: Criminal Mischief: Numerous signs on campus reported spray painted at 8 a.m. Damage recorded. Report issued and investigation initiated.
- Sunday, Oct. 7: Medical: An intoxicated female reported at 12:10 a.m. at a Toga party at Field House. Officer assessed the subject and requested Emergency Medical Service. Subject was transported to the Emergency Room for medical attention. Report issued.
- Wednesday, Oct. 10: Animals: A squirrel was reported at 1:01 p.m. running up and down the main stairwell in Palamountain Hall. At 1:03 p.m. a male called stating the squirrel was on the second floor of Bolton near the vending machines. At 1:08 p.m. officers reported cornering the squirrel and releasing it back outside.
Friday, Oct. 5:
- College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 12:23 a.m. in Howe Hall. Officers dispatched reported that the subjects were gone upon arrival. The area on the second floor was quiet at this time.
- Suspicious Activity: Subjects reported at 12:43 a.m. on top of the covered walkway in the Keyes Quad. Reporting person requested that they get down but they did not respond. Officer dispatched reported the walkways clear.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person requests a referral to Health Services on call at 12:46 a.m. Officer contacted personnel and delivered the message for return contact. Reporting person rendered assistance.
- Suspicious Activity: Wait hill construction gate found open at 1:07 a.m. Officer checked the construction site and found no disturbances at that time. Gate secured.
- Harassment: An act of vandalism that occurred earlier in the morning reported at 11:38 a.m. at Jonsson Tower. Report issued.
- Sexual Misconduct: An act of sexual misconduct reported at 11:38 a.m. that occurred late last October. Reporting person does not wish for police or college involvement at this time. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person reported a subject driving a black sedan recklessly at 1:53 p.m. in Palamountain parking lot. Officer dispatched reports the subject gone upon arrival.
- College Violation: Subjects reported at 10:58 p.m. smoking in a room in Howe Hall. Dispatched officers reported the residents left the room prior to their arrival.
- Liquor Law Violation: Officer reported observing a liquor law violation at 11:06 p.m. in Howe Hall. Report issued.
- College Violation: Person reports loud yelling at 11:29 p.m. from a Hillside apartment. Dispatched officers reported a check of the area and the apartment. Subjects were gone upon their arrival.
- College Violation: A large gathering reported at 11:43 p.m. at Moore Way causing a disturbance to neighbors. Officers dispatched dispersed the large group.
Saturday, Oct. 6:
- Liquor Law Violation: Officers reported a large gathering of people at 12:02 a.m. behind 2 Moore Way. Officers reported locating the party and observing several liquor law violations. Report issued.
- Fire Alarm Apparatus: Officer reported at 12:30 a.m. that while on a routine fire and safety check hearing the stopper alarm that covers the fire pull station in Penfield Hall activated. Officer reset alarm and cover. No actual fire alarm activation.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person requested contact with the counselor on call staff at 3:10 a.m. Officer made contact and assistance rendered.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person reported a disturbance at 1:54 p.m. caused by construction workers in Scribner Village. Officer spoke with the construction supervisor and the behavior ceased.
- Criminal Mischief: Officer reported at 9 a.m. finding the fencing damaged leading to the Scribner Village construction area. No known perpetrators at this time. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person reported at 6:56 p.m. a dog tied to a tree outside the Dining Hall. Officer dispatched. Subject and dog gone upon arrival.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 8:31 p.m. at residence on Dayton Drive. Officers, maintenance and Saratoga Springs Fire Department advised. Activation was due to burned food. Report issued.
- Suspicious Odor: Suspicious odor reported at 8:57 p.m. on the second floor of Wiecking Hall. Officers dispatched reported that no odor was detected.
- Suspicious Odor: Suspicious odor reported at 9:16 p.m. by the Kimball Hall West Lot basement door. Officers detected the odor of marijuana with no one in the vicinity.
- Intoxicated Subject: An intoxicated female reported at 10:30 p.m. on the third floor of Kimball Hall. Officers dispatched assessed the subject and requested Emergency Medical Service. Subject was transported to the Emergency Room. Report issued.
- College Violation: Caller reported a loud group at 11:48 p.m. on the third floor of Kimball Hall. Officers dispatched reports the subject gone on arrival.
- Drug Law Violation: Officer reported a drug law violation in plain view at 11:46 p.m. as he exited Kimball Hall. Report issued.
Sunday, Oct. 7:
- Campus Safety Assist: A personal escort requested at 2:20 a.m. from Jonsson Tower to her residence at Wiecking Hall. Officer provided transport.
- Intoxicated Subject: Person reported at 3:22 a.m. that her friend is intoxicated and needed assistance at North Woods. Officer dispatched assessed the subject and found her alert, coherent and responsive. Subject declined further attention. Report issued.
- Criminal Mischief: A large hole reported at 10:17 a.m. in the south stairwell of Kimball Hall, as well as a sprinkler valve cap that had been taken off. Dispatched officer recorded the damage and issued report.
- Suspicious Activity: Two suspicious males reported at 12:33 p.m. at the front entrance of the Williamson Sports Center. Officers dispatched and the subjects were gone on arrival. No further reports.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 8:06 p.m. at Hillside apartments. Officers, maintenance and Saratoga Springs Fire Department advised. Officer reports the alarm activation was due to cooking smoke. Report issued.
Monday, Oct. 8:
- Campus Safety Assist: Person requested an on-call counselor contact her at 12:57 a.m. Officer made a notification and assistance rendered.
- Criminal Mischief: Person reported criminal mischief at 1:06 a.m. to the vending machine in Rounds Hall. Damage recorded and report issued. Investigation pending.
- Accident: Person reported at 7:29 a.m. that a sign was struck by a tractor-trailer at the entrance to the College on North Broadway. Damage recorded and report issued.
- Accident: Person reported at 10:09 a.m. that a female student had fallen off her bike on the Perimeter Road near the Williamson Sports Center and would like to be transported to Health Services. Officer dispatched provided assistance. Report issued.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 10:13 a.m. at the Hillside Apartments B unit. Officers, maintenance and Saratoga Springs Fire Department advised. Burnt food determined to have caused the alarm. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: 911 emergency activation received at 9:53 a.m. from Officers dispatched to the area. Caller reports call made in a misdial error. Officers confirmed.
- Parking: Officer booted a car at 2:06 p.m. in Cane Lot for excessive tickets. Report issued.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 2:47 p.m. in the Hillside Apartments A unit. Officers, maintenance and Saratoga Springs Fire Department advised. Officers responding reported the cause of activation was burned food. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person requested a transport at 5:35 p.m. to the Saratoga Emergency Room from Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officer completed the transport.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person requested at 10:22 p.m. to speak with Health Services on call staff. Officer made a notification and assistance was rendered to the person at Whitman Way.
Tuesday, Oct. 9:
- College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 4:30 a.m. in front of a Cane Crossing apartment. Officer dispatched reported no one in the area and no noise detected.
- Safety Check AED: Officer reported a check at 10:50 a.m. of all the Automated External Defibrillators on campus. All are operational at this time.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activated at 2:30 p.m. for Hillside Apartment B unit. Dispatched officer, maintenance and Saratoga Springs Fire Department. Officer reported the alarm was caused by burnt food. Report issued.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 5:44 p.m. from a Hillside Apartment. Dispatched officers, maintenance, and the Saratoga Springs Fire Department. Officer reports burned food as the cause of activation.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person reported an older male subject at 5:23 p.m. entering Jonsson Tower making residents suspicious. Officer reported locating a male employee in Health Services for his flu shot.
Wednesday, Oct. 10:
- College Violation Noise: Noise complaint reported at 2:45 a.m. at Jonsson Tower. Officer dispatched reported three residents complied with the request to lower the volume.
Thursday, Oct. 11:
- Power Outage: An unplanned campus-wide power outage occurred at 11:22 p.m. An e2Campus message was sent out. Officers checked all buildings, elevator phones, and notified all vendors. Power was restored at 12:58 a.m.
- College Violation Noise: Several students reported at 12:45 a.m. running through the halls on the second floor of Wait Hall creating a lot of noise. Officer dispatched.
- Parking Vehicle Towing: Officer requested a tow truck at 2:27 p.m. Matt's towed the vehicle at 2:46 p.m. from campus as it had an excessive amount of tickets this academic year.