Posted by Julia Leef
Incidents of Note:
- Saturday, Oct. 13: Campus Safety Assist: Speeding vehicle reported at 8:23 a.m. to have hit a transformer cover on Moore Way. Officers and Saratoga Springs Police Department dispatched. Driver identified. Report issued. Repairs pending.
- Monday, Oct. 15: Accident: Power outage reported at 8:48 a.m. at Dayton Drive due to damage sustained by a transformer hit by a vehicle. Report issued.
- Wednesday, Oct. 17: Trespass: Person reported at 6:29 a.m. seeing someone in the recycling bin with a flashlight outside North Hall. Officer dispatched located and identified the subject. Subject was warned off campus. Report issued.
Friday, Oct. 12:
- College Violation: Noise complaint reported at 12:05 a.m. at Cane Crossing. Officers dispatched report that subject complied with the request to lower the volume.
- Medical: Medical assistance requested at 8:50 a.m. for a fellow student in Kimball Hall who collapsed in the shower with severe pain. Dispatched officers. Emergency Medical Service was contacted and transported the subject to the Emergency Room. Report issued.
- Accident: Damage reported to a vehicle at 2:10 p.m. while parked in the Jonsson Tower lot. Dispatched officer issued report.
- College Violation: A loud party reported taking place at 11:32 p.m in Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officer reported a small birthday gathering. No other violation observed. Subjects agreed to lower the volume.
Saturday, Oct. 13:
- Criminal Mischief: Unknown subjects reported at 1:16 a.m. causing a disturbance across campus, including a number of acts of misconduct near the Starbuck Center. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person states feeling unwell and requests transport at 1:35 a.m. to the Saratoga Emergency Room. Officer dispatched completed the transport. Report issued.
- College Violation: Unauthorized gathering and excessive noise reported at 1:46 a.m. at Dayton Drive. Officers dispatched dispersed the group.
- Criminal Mischief: Unknown subjects reported at 2:04 a.m. breaking the glass on the front door to the Case Center's main entrance. No witnesses at this time. Report issued.
- Criminal Mischief: Unknown subject reported at 2:14 a.m. throwing a glass bottle against subject's door at 2:14 a.m. in Rounds Hall. The subject requested to speak to an officer. Investigation pending. Report issued.
- Falsely Reported Incident: Person reported at 2:11 a.m. an expelled fire extinguisher in Howe Hall causing the fire alarm to activate. Officers, Saratoga Springs Fire Department and maintenance responded. Report issued.
- Criminal Mischief: Officer reported at 3:31 a.m. criminal mischief done to the walls in the stairwell at Kimball Hall. Unknown subjects caused damage. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: The Saratoga Springs Police Department requested the information of a student under warrant for arrest at 9:24 a.m. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Transport for medical attention requested at 11:25 a.m. from an off-campus location. Officer dispatched completed the transport.
Sunday, Oct. 14:
- Campus Safety Assist: Officer reported at 12:43 a.m. that an event at Falstaff's has been shut down due to overcrowding and unsafe conditions.
- Campus Safety Assist: 911 hang-up call received at 1:39 a.m. from Whitman Way. Officer called the phone back and was informed that the call was made in error. Officers continued responding to verify the incident. No further problems reported.
- College Violation: Unauthorized gathering and excessive noise reported at 2:39 a.m. at Dayton Drive. Subjects dispersed and the volume was lowered.
- Criminal Mischief: Fire extinguisher was discharged at 5:20 a.m. on the first floor of Case Center. Officer dispatched issued report. No known perpetrators at this time.
Monday, Oct. 15:
- Campus Safety Assist: Saratoga Emergency Service came to Campus Safety office at 2:20 a.m. stating that they had received a 911 call from Jonsson Tower. Officer was dispatched to escort the EMS to the reporting person. Subject was transported to the Emergency Room. Report issued.
- Criminal Mischief: Damage reported at 11:35 a.m. to the air handler fans between Starbuck and Wilmarth. Dispatched officer documented the damage. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Injury reported at 8:20 p.m. as the result of a fall in the Murray-Aikins Dining Hall. Reporting person requested transport for medical assistance, which was completed by an officer. Report issued.
Tuesday, Oct. 16:
- Campus Safety Assist: Person requested to have the on call counselor call her at 3 a.m. at her North Woods residence. Officer delivered the message and the return call was made accordingly by the counseling service.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person reported at 11:17 a.m. that she felt ill and requested transport to her residence. Officer completed the transport. Report issued.
- Larceny: Person reported at 1:40 p.m. that her skateboard had been stolen from the Murray-Aikins Dining Hall. Officer issued a report. Unknown perpetrator at this time.
Wednesday, Oct. 17:
- Medical: Transport requested at 12:26 a.m. from Whitman Way to the Emergency Room. Officer completed the transport. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Transportation requested at 8:52 a.m. for medical assistance from an off-campus location. Officer completed the transport. Report issued.
- Larceny: Personal property reported stolen at 12:20 p.m. while at an event at Falstaff's. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Escort requested at 7:02 p.m. from an off-campus location to the Saratoga Springs Emergency Room. Dispatched officer completed the transport. Report issued.
- Suspicious Odor: Suspicious odor reported at 10:48 p.m. in Wiecking Hall. Dispatched officer reported the odor of burned food detected.
- Suspicious Odor: Suspicious odor reported at 11:06 p.m. on the tenth floor of Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officers reported the odor was detected but the source was undetermined.
- Campus Safety Assist: A speeding vehicle reported at 11:19 p.m. in North Woods. Dispatched officer canvassed the area and reported the subject gone on arrival.
Thursday, Oct. 18:
- Campus Safety Assist: Two students reported at 2:40 p.m. smoking pot at the main entrance of Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officer reported that the subjects vacated the area prior to his arrival.
- Campus Safety Assist: Assistance requested at 4:35 p.m. with welfare check at Wait Hall. The check was conducted and the subject was determined satisfactory. Message delivered.
- Criminal Mischief: Officer reported at 8:40 a.m. locating a shattered window in the lobby of Howe Hall. Officer recorded the damage. No witnesses in the area. Maintenance taped the glass to prevent injury.
- Campus Safety Assist: Student requested a transport at 10:36 p.m. from Jonsson Tower to the Emergency Room. Officer completed the transport to and from the Emergency Room. Report issued.