Posted by Julia Leef '14
Incidents of Note:
- Sunday, April 20-Suspicious Activity: Officers reported at 6:19 p.m. finding 10 students on the Janet Kinghorn Bernhard Theater roof. Students were asked to leave and complied.
- Tuesday, April 22-Campus Safety Assist: Report received at 3:29 p.m. of a suspicious male carrying a rifle and getting into a vehicle by the Zankel Music building. Dispatched officers identified the subject as a professor and that the weapon was a prop for a play.
- Thursday, April 24-Criminal Mischief: Reporting person was in the Campus Safety office at 8:54 a.m. stating that person(s) unknown have hit the new directional sign post at the main North Broadway entrance on Perimeter Road, breaking it. Dispatched officer who took photos and made the report. Maintenance will replace the post.
Friday, April 18:
- College Violation: A loud argument was reported at 12:45 p.m. on the second floor of Jonsson Tower. Officers dispersed the parties.
- Moving Violations: The reporting person issued a moving violation at 2:46 p.m. on Perimeter Road.
Saturday, April 19:
- College Violation: Loud music and chanting reported at 12:33 a.m. at 7 Dayton Drive. Officers dispersed the people, who cleared out after a second call an hour later.
- Criminal Mischief: A hole reported at 1:18 a.m. in the wall on the third floor of a stairwell in Kimball Hall. Report taken.
- Criminal Mischief: Unknown persons observed at 1:47 a.m. setting off a fire extinguisher outside of Wiecking Hall. Report taken.
- Criminal Mischief: A broken window reported at 7:18 a.m. in the north stairwell on the first floor of Wilmarth Hall. Report taken.
- Criminal Mischief: Damage reported at 8:41 a.m. to a vehicle in West Lot. Report taken. The Saratoga Springs Police Department advised.
- Liquor Law Violation: A liquor law violation reported at 9:14 p.m. on the second floor of Wiecking Hall. Report taken. Alcohol violation referral.
Sunday, April 20:
- Fire Alarm: A fire alarm reported at 12:28 a.m. in the Sussman Apartments B. Alarm was due to cooking.
- College Violation: Loud music reported at 1:14 a.m. at Whitman Way. Students agreed to lower the music.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 2:07 a.m. at Kimball Hall. Criminal mischief found and report taken.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 9:22 p.m. at the Sussman Apartments H. Alarm was due to cooking.
Monday, April 21:
- Criminal Mischief: Damage reported at 8:41 a.m. to the exit light in the hallway of the ground floor of Case Center. Dispatched officer documented the damage and issued a report.
- Suspicious Odor: Report received at 10:06 a.m. of a burning plastic odor in Admissions. Dispatched officer and maintenance. Odor determined to be caused by dust on wires. Report issued. Dust removed.
- Suspicious Odor: An odor of marijuana reported at 1:12 p.m. in Wiecking Hall. Officer dispatched reported that the call was unfounded. No marijuana odor was detected.
Tuesday, April 22:
- College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 1:39 a.m. causing a disturbance to an apartment complex at Moore Way. Officer was dispatched. Residents lowered the volume upon request.
- Graffiti: Officer reported graffiti at 6:47 a.m. on the wall in the Starbuck Center staircase.
- Suspicious Odor: A suspicious odor reported at 11:24 p.m. on the third floor of Penfield Hall. Dispatched officer canvassed the area with negative results.
Wednesday, April 23:
- Suspicious Odor: Reporting person called at 10:48 a.m. to state that there was a sulfur odor on the first floor of Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officer and maintenance. Officer reported that the odor had dissipated and could not find any problems or the cause.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm sounded at 11:43 a.m. for the Sussman Apartments L. Dispatched all officers, maintenance and advised the Saratoga Springs Fire Department. Alarm was due to burnt food.
- Graffiti: Reporting person stated at 12:06 p.m. that there was graffiti on the sidewalk behind the Sussman Apartments B. Dispatched officer who took photos of the writing. No known witnesses at the time.
- Accident: Reporting person stated at 4:13 p.m. that she would like to file a report due to an injury sustained during dress rehearsal at the Dance Theater. Dispatched officer. The reporting person sought medical attention via Health Services. Accident report filed.
Thursday, April 24:
- Larceny: Reporting person stated at 10:05 a.m. that person(s) unknown have taken 10 of the black seat cushions measuring 2'x2' from the Wilson Chapel. Dispatched officer.
- Property Damage Auto Accident: Reporting person in the Campus Safety office at 7:32 p.m. stated that she struck a vehicle while attempting to park in the West Lot. Dispatched officer.
- College Violation: A noise complaint reported at 11:14 p.m. at a North Woods apartment complex. Dispatched officers located a small gathering and requested that the noise be kept down. Group dispersed.