Posted by Julia Leef
Incidents of Note:
- Sunday, Sept. 16-Suspicious Odor: Possible smoke reported at 11:29 p.m. on the first floor of McClellan Hall. Officers and Unit-10 dispatched located a gas leak. Maintenance valved off the area and Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning responded for repair.
- Tuesday, Sept. 18-Fire: Small grease fire reported at 12:46 p.m. in Pine Apartments. Fire extinguished with no injury or damage. Report issued.
- Wednesday, Sept. 19-Suspicious Activity: Person reports at 9:45 a.m. that an unknown male subject approached her in a vehicle on Perimeter Road and gave her a flower. This action made her uncomfortable so as to report the incident. The officers given a description were unable to locate the subject on campus. No other problems reported. Report issued.
- Thursday, Sept. 20-College Violation: Officers report observing a vehicle driving recklessly at 10:07 p.m. on Perimeter Road. Officers did not pursue the vehicle due to a safety hazard. Officers were able to identify the vehicle from prior incidences. Subject was banned from campus. Report issued.
Friday, Sept. 14
- Medical: Intoxicated student who ingested marijuana and vomited due to alcohol reported at 12:38 a.m. in Penfield Hall. Officers dispatched assessed subject and requested the Emergency Medical System. Subject was transported to the Emergency Room. Report issued.
- Medical: Officer reports finding a male student at 1:28 a.m. vomiting outside Penfield Hall. Officer assisted student who was responsive and coherent. No further medical attention necessary.
- College Violation: Reports at 2:36 a.m. of loud voices in Wait Hall for the past half hour. Officer dispatched reported that subjects were gone upon arrival.
- Medical: Student reported at 10:49 a.m. having a medical condition in class. Dispatched all units. Subject transported to health services. Report issued.
- Criminal Mischief: Criminal mischief to handicap sign in Case Center Lot reported at 5:54 p.m. No known perpetrators at this time. Report issued.
- Suspicious Odor: Suspicious odor reported at 9:15 p.m. in Howe Hall. Dispatched officer reports no odor detected at this time.
- College Violation: Reporting person went to Campus Safety office to report excessive noise at 10:41 p.m. in Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officer spoke with residents and they complied with request to lower the volume.
Saturday, Sept. 15
- College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 12:38 a.m. at residence on Dayton Drive. Officers dispatched spoke with residents and they complied with the request to lower the volume.
- Alarm: Saratoga Springs Police officers dispatched due to an alarm at 1:24 a.m. at the Skidmore Employees Federal Credit Union office on campus. Officers dispatched located housekeeping and key-holder dispatched to respond. Report issued.
- College Violation: Loud music reported at 1:36 a.m. between Kimball Hall and Penfield Hall. Officer dispatched reports that the group dispersed.
- Medical Assist: Reporting person said she smoked too much marijuana and needed assistance at 3:22 a.m. in North Woods. Officers dispatched transported the subject to the Emergency Room. Report issued.
- Intoxicated Subject: Reporting person said at 3:03 p.m. that she escorted an intoxicated student from Case Center to her seventh floor Jonsson Tower room. Officers dispatched reports subject alert and responsive. No medical attention necessary.
- Campus Safety Assist: Several noise complaints from the State Street area received at 3:40 p.m. regarding the volume level at Fall Fun Day. Report issued.
- Harassment: Person reports at 4:21 p.m. that her daughter was harassed at Fall Fun Day. Officers initiated an investigation. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: An anonymous caller who originally requested to speak with the counselor on call requested Campus Safety at 4:45 p.m. to meet them in the Dining Hall. Officer spoke with the person in regards to a possible sexual assault. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Unruly students reported at 4:53 p.m. attempting to enter the Murray-Aikins Dining Hall causing a disturbance. Officers dispatched.
- Campus Safety Assist: Another group of unruly students at 5:56 p.m. attempting to access the Dining Hall without shoes. Officer dispatched.
- Liquor Law Violation: Officer reports an unauthorized party at 5:20 p.m. in Howe Hall with alcohol violations observed. Report issued.
- Medical Assist: Reporting person with bee allergy was stung at 5:43 p.m. Officer retrieved the person's EpiPen and administered the medication. Report issued.
- Suspicious Activity: Person reports at 5:49 p.m. that she believes her suite mate was sexually assaulted. Dispatched officers investigated and issued report. Report unfounded; mutual consent present during activities.
- College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 8:38 p.m. at residents on Cane Crossing. Officers dispatched were unable to locate any noise.
- Suspicious Odor: Suspicious odor reported at 9:10 p.m. on the third floor of McClellan Hall. Officers dispatched. Call unfounded.
- College Violation: Officer reports an alcohol violation outside the Starbuck Center at 9:29 p.m. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: A welfare check was requested at 10:54 p.m. for a student in McClellan Hall. Officers dispatched and found the student to be sick but stable. Student said she would call if she needed further assistance.
Sunday, Sept. 16
- Medical: Intoxicated student reported at 12:56 a.m. in McClellan Hall. Roommate requested assistance. Officers dispatched assessed the subject who was transported to the Emergency Room. Report issued.
- College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 1:45 a.m. in Jonsson Tower. Officers dispatched spoke with residents who complied with the request to lower the volume.
- Criminal Mischief: Saratoga Springs Police Department reports at 2:14 a.m. an officer out with three students on the Sports Field in reference to Criminal Mischief. Campus Safety assistance requested and officer dispatched. Report issued.
- Criminal Mischief: Fire extinguisher reported missing at 6:12 a.m. in Case Center. Officers dispatched to check the area. Replacement issued.
- Accident: Two Skidmore vehicles reported involved in a minor property damage automobile accident at 6:15 a.m. at Case Center loading dock. Reports issued.
- Criminal Mischief: Missing thermostat reported at 1:24 p.m. near the kitchen of Wiecking Hall. Dispatched officer recorded the damage and issued a report. No known perpetrators at this time.
- Campus Safety Assist: Transport requested at 7:22 p.m. from Jonsson Tower to the Saratoga Emergency Room. Officer dispatched completed the transport. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: A concerned parent requested a welfare check on her child at 8:33 p.m. in Kimball Hall. Student was contacted on the phone to call the mother. A follow up call to the parent confirmed that the student had called.
Monday, Sept. 17
- Criminal Mischief: Fire extinguisher reported discharged at 7:46 a.m. on the second floor of Penfield Hall. Officer dispatched to check the scene and issue a report.
- Campus Safety Assist: Transportation requested at 11:02 a.m. for a student from Jonsson Tower to Wilton Medical Arts for further medical treatment. Officer dispatched completed the transport. Report issued.
- Security Alarm: Alarm received at 6:45 p.m. in Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officers canvassed the area but the source of the activation was undetermined.
Tuesday, Sept. 18
- Suspicious Activity: A male student reported at 12:40 a.m. acting strangely at the entrance to Howe. Officers responded, interviewed the subject and advised that there were no further problems at this time.
- Suspicious Odor: Suspicious odor reported at 12:50 a.m. from the second floor of Penfield Hall. Officers checked the area and did not locate the odor in question.
- Campus Safety Assist: Health Services requested at 9:44 a.m. that a student be transported to an oral surgeon. Officer dispatched reports that the transport was completed.
- Campus Safety Assist: Officers reports at 5:19 p.m. that a large tree limb is on the North Broadway roadway hindering traffic. Officer has moved the limb out of the way and coned off the area. Grounds contacted for removal.
- Campus Safety Assist: Assistance from Health Services requested after hours at 11:17 p.m. in Jonsson Tower. Officer contacted on call personnel. Message delivered and contact made.
Wednesday, Sept. 19
- Accident: Vehicle accident reported at 1:50 p.m. in the parking lot at Cane Crossing. Officer dispatched issued a report. No personal injuries.
- Campus Safety Assist: Officer provided transport at 2 p.m. for a student from Jonsson Tower to the Saratoga Emergency Room. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person reports feeling ill and requests transport at 2:36 p.m. from Perimeter Road to Medical Services. Officers completed the transport to Health Services. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Transportation requested at 3:07 p.m. for a student from Health Services to the Saratoga Emergency Room. Dispatched officer completed the transport. Report issued.
- Accidental Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 3:22 p.m. at the Art Center. Officer on the scene reports a faulty smoke detector. Electrician responded for repairs. Saratoga Springs Fire Department advised of the situation. Report issued.
Thursday, Sept. 20
- Security Alarm: An unknown alarm reported at 7:30 a.m. sounding in the Skidmore Shop. Officers dispatched reported that the activation was from the computer area. Officers were unable to shut off the alarm but no disturbances were noted. Staff resolved the issue.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person requests at 6:52 p.m. to speak with Health Services on call personnel. Student was transported to the Saratoga Emergency Room. Report issued.