Posted by Julia Leef
Incidents of Note:
- Saturday, March 24-Fireworks: Reporting person advised individuals at 3:40 a.m. who were setting off fireworks in front of the Macrury apartments. Officers dispatched report that the subjects were gone on arrival. No damage reported.
- Sunday, March 25-Forcible Sex Offense: Person reports a sexual misconduct incident at 7:50 p.m. from an off campus location. Officers and the Saratoga Springs Police Department conducting an investigation. Report issued.
- Monday, March 26- Assist: Students report they are stuck at 4:45 p.m. between floors in the South elevator of Jonsson Tower. Unit 10 and officers responded to the location. Officers report that the elevator is fixed and the students are off. No injuries or concerns reported. Report issued.
Friday, March 23
- College Violation: A loud banging noise reported at 4 a.m. outside of Howe-Rounds. Officers dispatched and searched the exterior of the entire hall. No noise was detected. Unfounded call.
- Parking: Vehicle booted at 4:13 a.m. in the Jonsson Tower lot for excessive tickets. Report issued.
- College Violation: Three empty boxes from air rifles reported at 8:15 a.m. in the trash in the housekeeping closet on the third floor of Wiecking Hall. Officer dispatched to investigate the ownership of the rifles. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Reporting person requested a transport at 10:32 a.m. from Barrett Center to Case Center. Dispatched officer completed a personal escort.
- Campus Safety Assist: An ongoing problem with parties at off campus residence reported at 9:30 p.m. Report issued. Administration and Saratoga Springs Police Department to address the situation.
Saturday, March 24
- College Violation: Noise complaint reported at 12:08 a.m. at Whitman Way. Officers report a large group causing a noise disturbance outside. Officers dispersed the crowd and ended the gathering.
- Suspicious Odor: Odor of marihuana reported at 12:18 a.m. in Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officer could not determine the source of the odor. Odor dissipating.
- Medical: Person reports a female vomiting in the backyard of an off campus residence at 1:50 a.m. Emergency Medical Service and the Saratoga Springs Police Department dispatched for medical transport. Report issued.
- Larceny: Reporting person requests assistance at 12:15 p.m. claiming a missing construction sign and traffic cones behind Oak apartments. Officer dispatched confiscated and returned the property to owner. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist-911: 911 emergency line activated at 2:40 p.m. on the third floor of Wiecking. Dispatched officers and notified the Saratoga Springs Police Department who reports they did not receive a 911 call. Officer on the scene reports no one in the area. False report.
- Stolen Property: Person reports an abandoned college-owned vehicle at 4:28 p.m. in the parking lot of the Saratoga Arms Hotel. Officers dispatched report locating a stolen utility cart from Media Services. Vehicle towed to campus. Report issued. Investigation pending.
- Criminal Mischief: Officers while on patrol at 9:12 p.m. observed a scorched paper attached to a corkboard in Wiecking Hall. Officers removed the paper and placed it in evidence. No additional damage done to the building. Report issued.
Sunday, March 25
- College Violation: A possible party reported at 12:10 a.m. at a Sumac apartment. Officers on the scene advised an unregistered party to disperse. Report issued.
- College Violation: A noise complaint reported at 12:20 a.m. in Penfield Hall. Officers dispersed a large gathering in a room.
- Criminal Mischief: Criminal mischief reported at 2:05 a.m. on the fifth floor of Jonsson Tower. Officers report witnessing subjects shattering large fluorescent bulbs in the stairwell. Subjects caught and a report issued.
- Parking: Vehicle booted for an excessive amount of parking tickets at 3:11 a.m. at Cane Crossing. Report issued.
- Parking: An unregistered vehicle towed at 3:40 a.m. for parking in the fire lane at Dayton Drive for an excessive amount of time. Report issued. Saratoga Springs Police Department advised.
- Criminal Mischief: A hole reported at noon in a hallway wall near Rooms 225 and 226 in Kimball. No known perpetrators. Damage recorded. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Reporting person requested transport at 2:05 p.m. from Wiecking Hall for medical assistance. Officer dispatched completed the transport. Report issued.
- Drug Law Violation: Excessive noise reported at 6:43 p.m. from a third floor Penfield room. Officer dispatched reports observed a drug law violation. Report issued.
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 10:55 p.m. for a Cane apartment. Officers and Maintenance dispatched. No smoke or fire. Activation due to burned food. Report issued.
Monday, March 26
- Suspicious Activity: Person reports an unauthorized student using a computer in a secured area at 10:21 a.m. in Dana. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Officers assisted a Saratoga Springs Police Department investigator at 1:18 a.m. in locating a student in Penfield Hall for an interview. Report issued.
- Suspicious Odor: Person reports marihuana odor at 11:16 a.m. in and near room on the first floor of Wiecking Hall. Officers report that the residents were interviewed. Odor detected but nothing in plain view. Report issued.
Tuesday, March 27
- Suspicious Odor: Marihuana odor reported at 4:44 p.m. near Wait Hall. Officer dispatched reports a check of the area with negative results.
- Campus Safety Assist: Parent of a student in Jonsson Tower requests information at 9 p.m. regarding a concerning call that they received. Officer discussed the concern with the parent and assured the parent that the student was okay. Report issued.
- Suspicious Activity: Person reports a male subject expelled a fire extinguisher outside the Dogwood apartments at 11:55 p.m. for no apparent reason. Dispatched officer interviewed the subject who stated that the extinguisher was his personal property and apologized for his actions. No damage recorded.
Wednesday, March 28
- Animals: Person reports observing a "rat" at 4:35 a.m. in her room in Wait Hall. Officer and housekeeping dispatched. Officer observed a small mouse in the room and maintenance checked the window seat. Housekeeping set traps. Reporting person declined staying in an alternative residence.
- Fire Alarm: Person reported that smoke was coming out of an ash can at 11:50 a.m. near Palamountain Building. Dispatched officer and Maintenance who properly extinguished the smoldering ash can.
- Found Property: Reporting person found a cell phone at 3 p.m. on a chair in Case Center. The phone was given to a Campus Safety officer. The student was notified by email. Phone was placed in the lost and found.