Posted by Julia Leef
Incidents of Note:
- Thursday, March 15- Suspicious Activity: Two unkept male subjects reported at 11:09 a.m. pushing a green shopping cart from between Greenberg and the Williamson Sports Center. Dispatched officers located the subjects and escorted them from campus. Subjects said they were cutting across campus and did not intend any harm.
- Sunday, March 18-Burglary: Student notified Campus Safety at 4:40 p.m. about a possible burglary to her residence at Birch apartment. Officer dispatched and report issued. Investigation pending.
- Thursday, March 22- Animals: Person reports at 7:05 p.m. that she observed a bat flying around the third floor of the Scribner Library. Officer dispatched and the Nuisance Wildlife Control was notified. The bat was removed without incident.
Thursday, March 15
- Campus Safety Assist: A Williamson Sports Center employee states at 7 a.m. that he was cut off while driving onto campus. Officer identified the vehicle and appropriate actions were taken.
- Suspicious Activity: Two unkept male subjects reported at 11:09 a.m. pushing a green shopping cart from between Greenberg and the Williamson Sports Center. Dispatched officers located the subjects and escorted them from campus. Subjects said they were cutting across campus and did not intend any harm.
Friday, March 16
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 10:08 a.m. in an office for Howe/Rounds. Dispatched all units and maintenance. Officers determined burned food to have caused the activation.
- Campus Safety Assist: Reporting person at Campus Safety requests records check at 11:50 a.m. of a former student for an application of employment. Campus Safety disclosed the records and received a waiver. Report issued.
Saturday, March 17
- Suspicious Activity: Three suspicious individuals reported at 4:28 p.m. near the Turf Field. Officers conducted a search of the area and found no problem. Subjects gone on arrival.
Sunday, March 18
- Criminal Mischief: Officer reports at 3:58 a.m. that, while on Patrol, he came upon a sledgehammer/axe tool on the Wait roadway and a No Parking sign on Wait Hill. Perpetrators are unknown, as is the origin of the item. Report issued.
- Larceny: A student reports at 1:51 p.m. finding the front door of her apartment at Whitman Way ajar and cash missing since arriving back on campus from spring break. Dispatched officer. Report issued by Campus Safety and the Saratoga Springs Police Department. Investigation pending.
Monday, March 19
- College Violation: A continual problem with noise from a dorm room in Jonsson Tower at 12:20 a.m. Reporting person requests that an officer address the noise. Officers dispatched a report that no noise was detected in the area.
- College Violation: Person(s) unknown reported at 9:11 a.m. having disturbed the playground equipment at the Lodge. No damage done. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Reporting person requested a transport at 11:20 p.m. from a location off-campus to the Wilton Medical Arts. Dispatched officer completed the medical transport. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: A concerned parent requests a welfare check on a student at 11:35 a.m. Officer located the subject and delivered a message to contact the parent. The condition of the subject is satisfactory.
- Criminal Mischief: The ping pong table in the basement of McClellan Hall was reported damaged at 9:50 p.m. by unknown person(s). Report issued.
- College Violation: Noise complaint received at 10:12 p.m. for an excessive volume of music coming from a residence on Whitman Way. Officers dispatched report that the residents complied with the request to lower the volume. A second complaint was received at 11:33 p.m. stating that the residences have raised the volume of the music again. Officers dispatched. The small group in the residence has now dispersed and the stereo has been shut off for the night.
Tuesday, March 20
- Missing Person: A missing person reported at 10:30 a.m. Appropriate procedures initiated and investigation pending. Subjects later located and is in satisfactory condition. Report issued.
- Parking: Officer reports booting a vehicle at 1:44 p.m. as it has an excessive number of parking violations. Report issued.
- Suspicious Activity: Suspicious activity reported at 4:25 p.m. regarding removed window screens at Whitman Way. Officer dispatched documented the activity. Report issued. No other disturbances noted.
- Suspicious Activity: A suspicious male reported at 5:02 p.m. on the Case Green by the Scribner Library. Officers dispatched located the subject and identified him. Subject was warned off-campus. Report issued.
Wednesday, March 21
- Larceny: Person reports at 12:01 p.m. the larceny of her watch. Saratoga Springs Police Department report issued. Person later reports that the watch was returned by an unknown person.
- Campus Safety Assist: Employee requests transport at 3:34 p.m. from the Murray-Aikins Dining Hall for medical attention. Officer dispatched completed the transport. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: A concerned parent requested assistance at 6:35 p.m. with contacting his son. Subject was located and the message delivered.
- Campus Safety Assist: Reporting person requested assistance at 7 p.m. with transportation back to campus as his vehicle was impounded by the Saratoga Springs Police Department. Report issued.
- Suspicious Odor: A suspicious odor reported at 10:06 p.m. at Dayton Drive. Officer dispatched reports no odor detected.
Thursday, March 22
- Found Property: Person reports at 3:53 a.m. finding two Best keys at a computer station at the Cyber Cafe. Secured in Found Property. Owner unknown.
- Complaints: Person reported an incident at 1:20 p.m. that she had at the College Polo Field earlier with an argumentative subject. Report made.
- Campus Safety Assist: Reporting person requests records check at 1 p.m. on a former student. Waiver obtained and records released.
- Medical: An art model reported fainted and fallen at 3:30 p.m. Officers and Emergency Medical Service dispatched. Subject transported to the Emergency Room. Report issued.
- Medical: Reporting person requested Campus Safety assistance at 4:30 p.m. for an ill student from Palamountain Hall. Report issued.
- Medical: Student and guest stopped into Campus Safety at 6:22 p.m. with a Medical need. Officer applied bandage to the small laceration. No further medical attention was necessary.
- Animals: Person reported at 6:30 p.m. that a turtle was on the roadway near the Arthur Zankel Music Building. Dispatched officer reports that the turtle was removed and placed at a pond.
- Criminal Mischief: Person reports glass objects being thrown from Jonsson Tower at 11:32 p.m. Officer dispatched reports locating the removed window. Subjects denied any participation. Report issued.
- College Violation: Noise complaint reported at 11:30 p.m. in McClellan Hall. Officers observed alcohol violation. Report issued.
- College Violation: Noise complaint received at 11:47 p.m. from residence at Whitman Way. Officers dispatched report that residents complied with the request to lower the volume of the stereo.