Posted by Julia Leef
Thursday, March 1
- College Violation: Several students reported at 12:06 a.m. engaging in a snowball fight and being very disruptive outside of Wiecking Hall. Officers requested subjects take activities elsewhere. Group complied without incident.
- Campus Safety Assist: Reporting person requests transport at 9:45 a.m. from Jonsson Tower as he is on crutches. Officer assisted subject and provided transport.
- Campus Safety Assist: Reporting person requests an officer at 10:38 a.m. to accompany her to do welfare check on a student in Wait Hall. Officer and staff report subject is safe and will contact parent. Report issued.
- Accident: Student reports at 2:10 p.m. that while attempted to park her vehicle in Cane Crossing she hit another vehicle parked in the parking lot. Minor damage occurred to the reporting person's vehicle. No damage to other vehicle. Report issued.
- Alarm: Security alarm for Health Services front door received at 6:43 p.m. Dispatched officer reports area secure. Last person leaving may have set off the alarm. Report issued.
- Emergency Phone: Emergency phone activation received at 8:30 p.m. for the weight room in the Williamson Sports Center. Officer dispatched reports no one in the area. Attendant states it was possibly a false activation.
- Suspicious Odor: Suspicious odor reported at 11:18 p.m. on the sixth floor of Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officers report odor dissipated.
- College Violation: Report given at 11:18 p.m. of a possible party on the fifth floor of Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officers report no disturbance detected. Unfound call.
Friday, March 2
- Liquor Law Violation: Loud people and possible party reported at 12:59 a.m. in McClellan Hall. Officer dispatched observed alcohol violation. Report issued.
- College Violation: Loud noise reported at 1:56 a.m. on the second floor lounge of McClellan Hall. Subjects complied with the request to lower volume.
- Campus Safety Assist: Reporting person requests transport for a student at 2:49 p.m. in Jonsson Tower to the Wilton Medical Arts. Transport completed. Report issued.
- College Violation: Report given at 6:34 p.m. of subjects sliding down the roof of the Tang Teaching Museum. Dispatched officer reports subjects gone upon her arrival.
Monday, March 3
- Drug Law Violation: Suspicious odor reported at 12:08 a.m. in Penfield Hall. Officer located the source of the odor and observed drug law violation. Report issued.
- College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 12:31 a.m. from a television in Howe Hall. Officers dispatched report no noise detected. Additional complaint received at 1:03 a.m. Subjects in room requested to lower volume. Residents complied.
- Intoxicated Subject: Intoxicated female reported at 12:50 a.m. in the lobby of Kimball Hall. Officer dispatched reports that the subject was gone on arrival. Officer checked entire interior and exterior of the building with negative results.
- Campus Safety Assist: Reporting person requests transport at 1:09 a.m. from Macruary apartments to the Emergency Room for medical assistance for an ankle injury. Officer dispatched reports injured party declined medical assistance and was transported to his residence. Accident report completed for injury. Reporting person later requested transport to the Emergency Room at 1:35 a.m. to the Emergency Room. Transport completed.
- College Violation: Noise complaint reported at 1:35 a.m. at Whitman Way. Officers dispatched report loud bass. Subjects complied with request to lower volume.
- Campus Safety Assist: A man reported at 5:17 p.m. on the loading dock roof of the Murray-Aikins Dining Hall. Officers dispatched report no subject located or footprints in fresh snow. Call unfounded.
Sunday, March 4
- Campus Safety Assist: Excessive number of people reported at 12:03 a.m. at a residence in Maple Apartment. Reporting person requests officers assist him in dispersing the large gathering. Officers responded and dispersed the large group.
- Intoxicated Subject: Reporting person requests assistance at 12:40 a.m. at Falstaff's event. Officer dispatched. Responding officer requests Emergency Medical Services assistance for intoxicated female. Service dispatched. Subject transported to the Emergency Room. Report issued.
- Criminal Mischief: Criminal mischief reported at 1:20 a.m. to the emergency door at the end of the second floor hall of McClellan Hall. Maintenance dispatched reports the door knob was intentionally broken and the door will not open or close properly. Supervisor on Call was contacted for a carpenter. Door to be repaired. Unknown perpetrators.
- Campus Safety Assist: Report given at 1:27 a.m. of an authorized party that has exceeded time regulation. Officers dispatched large group.
- Complaints: Two female subjects reported a rude cab driver at 1:43 a.m. Subjects were intoxicated and could not provide any further information regarding the company or driver name.
- Drug Law Violation/Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activated at 2:16 a.m. at Cane Crossing. Officers dispatched. Activation due to student smoking marijuana in residence bedroom. Report issued.
- College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 3:50 a.m. in the common area of the ninth floor of Jonsson Tower. Officers dispatched dispersed the disruptive group.
- Suspicious Activity: Reporting person requests assistance at 5:05 a.m. as an unknown male is attempting to gain access to her room in Kimball Hall. Officers dispatched located the subject and identified him. Subject was intoxicated and confused as to his room location. Subject escorted to his room. No further problems to report.
- Criminal Mischief: Reporting person says at 4:45 a.m. that while on patrol he observed the landline phone receiver in the lobby on the ninth floor of Jonsson Tower had been torn from the base. Unknown perpetrator or witnesses. Report issued.
- Burglary: At 4:34 p.m., students report a burglary at their Fain C apartment. Officer dispatched. Investigation pending. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Officer reports at 9:28 p.m. finding a vehicle parked behind 4 Cane apartment. Officer advised subject that parking in this area is not permitted. Report issued.
Monday, March 5
- Fire Alarm: Fire alarm activation received at 5:43 a.m. for 4 Cane Crossing. Officers and maintenance dispatched. No fire. Source of activation was due to a humidifier.
- College Violation: Reporting person requests an officer at 12:01 p.m. to pick up items found in apartments while conducting fire inspections. Dispatched officer. Report issued.
- Suspicious Odor: Suspicious odor, identified tentatively by the reporting person as marijuana, was detected at 10:14 p.m. in Penfield Hall. Dispatched officer who checked the area could not locate any odor.
- Suspicious Activity: Officers report at 11:47 p.m. that they are out with a vehicle in Scribner Village and request police on the scene as officers observed drugs in the vehicle. By 11:59 p.m., the Saratoga Springs Police Department have two subjects in custody and the vehicle will be towed from its location by Matts Towing.
Tuesday, March 6
- Loud music reported at 1:07 a.m. at Cane Crossing. Officers dispatched requested the volume be turned down. Resident complied without incident.
- Larceny: Reporting person called at 2:48 p.m. requesting an officer to take a report at Case Center as someone has taken $12 from a locker. Dispatched officer. Report issued.
- Criminal Mischief: Graffiti reported at 4:10 p.m. graffiti on the washers and dryers in the laundry room in Jonsson Tower. Dispatched officer interviewed the reporting person and took photos of the graffiti.
- College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 11:47 p.m. at 11 Cane Crossing. Dispatched officers reported that the resident turned down stereo. Officers cleared.
Wednesday, March 7
- College Violation: An ongoing problem with excessive noise reported at 12:27 a.m. from a room in Wiecking Hall. Officers dispatched report the residents complied with the request to lower the volume.
- Suspicious Odor: Person reports an odor at 12:48 p.m. of what appears to be marijuana coming from a room on the sixth floor of Jonsson Tower. Officer dispatched. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Reporting person requests transportation at 2:27 p.m. from her Dogwood Apartment to Health Services as she is too dizzy to make it on her own. Officer dispatched completed the transport.
Thursday, March 8
- Parking: Officer reports at 9:50 a.m. booting vehicles in Tang Lot parked in violation of their parking restrictions and who have acquired an excessive number of tickets in this academic year.
- Larceny: Person reports at 10:40 a.m. that some of his tools were stolen at the construction area in the Scribner Library. Campus Safety report issued. Investigation initiated. No known perpetrators at this time.
- Campus Safety Assist: Reporting person requests a record check at 12:47 p.m. on a student who graduated in 2007 for employment purposes. Check completed. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Unauthorized subjects reported on the roof of the Tang Teaching Museum at 8:52 p.m. Officers requested they vacate the area. Subjects complied.
Friday, March 9
- College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 12:02 a.m. in Penfield Hall. Officer dispatched. Residents complied with the request to lower the volume.
- College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 12:24 a.m. at Dayton Drive. Officers dispatched. Officers requested that subjects lower the volume and residents complied.
- College Violation: Excessive music volume reported at 1:05 p.m. in Penfield Hall. Officer dispatched reports the resident complied with the request to lower the volume.
- Suspicious Odor: Suspicious odor reported at 9:07 p.m. on the third floor of Kimball Hall. Dispatched officer was unable to detect the odor. Call unfounded.
- Suspicious Odor: A strong odor of marijuana reported at 11:16 p.m. in Howe Hall. Officers dispatched were unable to detect the odor. Call unfounded.
Saturday, March 10
- College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 1:41 a.m. in Penfield Hall. Officers dispatched report that the residents agreed to lower the volume upon request.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person reports at 8:27 a.m. being stuck between the first and second floor in the Case Center west elevator. Dispatched officers and maintenance to release the subject from the elevator. No injuries reported. Report issued.
- College Violation: Officer observed at 11:55 a.m. a subject playing with a knife in the dining hall. Officer confiscated the knife as it is a college violation. Report issued.
- Suspicious Activity: Anonymous male reports at 4 p.m. a tent set up in the North Woods Trail area. Dispatched officer reports that the tent is gone upon arrival and there is no sign of it or the owner. Report issued.
- Drug Law Violation: Staff reports at 7:08 p.m. that while closing for Spring Break they observed a drug law violation and contraband in a Dogwood Apartment. Report issued.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person reports at 7:13 p.m. a college-aged male, possibly intoxicated, cutting through the Maple Avenue School athletic field and walking into the woods bordering the College property. Officer dispatched was unable to locate the subject. Report issued.
Sunday, March 11
- College Violation: Officer reports at 5:16 p.m. skateboarders near the JKB Theater. Skateboarders were asked to vacate the area as they were causing a disturbance. All complied without incidence.
- Trespass: An unauthorized dirt bike reported at 5:25 p.m. on the College walking trails. Officers dispatched were unable to locate the bike.
Monday, March 12
- Suspicious Activity: Officer reports at 1:50 a.m. hearing yelling coming from the wooded area near North Woods. Dispatched officers searched the area with negative results. All officers cleared.
- Campus Safety Assist: Person reports at 4:40 p.m. an unknown substance leaking from his vehicle in the Sasselin Art Building Lot. Officer assistance requested. Officer determined that the fluid as power steering fluid. No damage or hazard. Report issued.
Tuesday, March 13
- Accident: Person reports at 12:15 a.m. sustaining a one-inch laceration to her right wrist on broken glass in Jonsson Tower. Officer controlled the bleeding and a fellow officer provided assistance. The wound was cleaned and bandaged. Accident report issued.
- Propped Door: Person reports the front door of Penfield Hall propped open at 1:23 a.m. Officers secured the door.
- Campus Safety Assist: Reporting person in the Campus Safety Office at 11:01 a.m. requests a background check on an employee. Director of Campus Safety Dennis Conway assisted the reporting person. Report issued.
Wednesday, March 14
- Suspicious Activity: Reporting person called at 11:09 a.m. stating that there are two scruffy looking males who appear to be homeless pushing a green shopping cart from between Greenberg and the Williamson Sports Center. Dispatched officers interviewed the subjects, who stated that they were just passing through and left campus via the 3rd Street Bridge without incident.